Chapter 6: Game Night

Y/N POV:

I walk into the dining hall laughing between Harry and Ron. "Ron maybe if you didn't eat all of those bloody chocolate frogs then you wouldn't feel like complete shit!" I say giggling. Harry and Ron go complete silent as a group of three Slytherin's strut by. "Pottah" one mutters. "Who in merlin's beard are those fellas. Why does that one bleach blonde ferret thing look so constipated." Ron blurts out a laugh and Harry sighs, "That's Draco Malfoy, he's a pureblood and the definition of 'Daddy's Money'." "'Daddy's Money,' eh?" I exclaim, "He's a pureblood and him and his little pow-wow think they're the shit at Hogwarts only because of their bloodline." I look at Ron and Harry. "I'm a pureblood too so they aren't too special." Ron smirks at Harry. "Oh shut it, Ron." 

Pork and beans are being served as Oliver bumps into my arm and proceeds to sit next to me. "Hello darling," he smiles. "Hey, Wood," I reply. "Wood eh? That's what you're calling me now? I sorta liked what you called me earlier," He turns to Fred and George who are exchanging glances between the two of us. "What? Ollie? That was an in the moment thing, Wood. You gotta expect the unexpected." I turn away and pick at the beans. "Yo Ron, want these?" "Yep send 'em over" He exclaims. I push the beans onto his plate and turn back to Oliver.

"So are you going to the common room tonight?" He asks. "Common room? Probably why what's going on there?" I ask now curious. "It's game night," George and Fred both say. "Game night?" "Oh yeah Y/N, it's gonna be a blast," Fred winks. "You gotta come," George nods. "What do you guys do?" I ask them both. Ron leans over to his brothers, "Are you two telling Y/N about game night?" They smile and nod, "Aw Y/N, you're gonna get so fucked up!" "RONALD!" Hermione slaps him, "You cannot say that too loud!" She laughs. 

"No really Y/N, it's something the Gryffindor's do every Friday night. Their parents were known to start the tradition, and we took it upon ourselves to continue it." She smiles at the Weasley's and Harry. "We've gotten our whole friend group involved." "It's very exclusive," George states. 

"Well, I guess count me in." I say.

~

That night I walk down to the common room with Hermione to find all of our friends huddled on the sofas near the fire. "Blimey Y/N, glad you could make it!" Fred gets up and hugs me, and George follows. I sit down between Ron and George and stare at the objects in front of us. "So... what are we doing?" 

"Well, since it's a Friday night, the upperclassmen have a later curfew. The latest we've stayed was 2:30am. But then we move to someone's dorm." I nod. 

Fred and George take out glasses and pour a clear liquid into each glass. "It's just alcohol," Ron states. I laugh, "I assumed, thank you Ron." He nods, "Anytime." I take a glass and sip on it. "Woah, somebody's ready to start," Dean smiles. "Yeah I don't do funny business. If I'm getting fucked up tonight, so be it." "Don't drink too much Y/N, we have practice tomorrow." Oliver mentions. "We have quidditch tomorrow meh meh meh," I mutter causing everyone to laugh. Oliver looks down and turns beat red. 

"Okay, so I'll explain the game for our new addition to the group." Fred winks at me as he begins to shuffle the cards. "Y/N, you see this deck right here? These are the original cards that the Marauders played with in their time. Now, it got kinda outdated because we are about to hit the twenty-first century, so we added a couple cards to make it more modern." I nod in understanding. 

"Now, the game is played as we spin this bottle right here, whoever the bottle points toward, they must pick up a card and read the card. Then they proceed to pick a card from the opposing deck, which has everyone in the circles names on it, including anyone in the common room at the time. The reader then spins the bottle and whoever it lands on must do what the first card says, and to whatever person's name is on the second card. If you are not bold enough to do the dare, you can drink some of this potion right over here and it'll make you less fearful. Once the person completes the dare, they may spin the bottle and pick cards for the next person. If they don't complete what's on the card, they must drink out of this bottle of veritaserum and answer any truth question that the reader asks. You understand Y/N?" 

"Yep, it's like an intense game of truth or dare?" 

"Yes, in a way." George replies.

"Alright we'll spin the bottle to see who's our first reader." George leans down and spins the old glass bottle in the middle of the circle. It slows and comes to a stop in front of Harry. "Alright," he says as he picks up both a dare card and a person card. Harry then proceeds to spin the bottle for the first person. Everyone stares in hope of the bottle not landing on them. The bottle comes to a spot in front of Hermione. "Ahem," Harry scratches the back of his neck and holds in a laugh. "Hermione, you are dared to sit on Ronald's lap for the rest of the round. I catch eye contact with Hermione, her face blushed red. She gets up and walks over to Ron who pats his lap. She politely sits down on his lap and he turns to her, "So little girl, what do you want for Christmas?" She slaps him, "Oh shut up Ronald! You're so immature!" Everyone laughs. 

Hermione spins the bottle and lands on Fred, who is dared to give Harry a wet-willie, followed by George having to give Dean a lap dance, and Ron and I shotgunning a can of butterbeer. Dean then spins the bottle and it slows to a stop facing Oliver. "Alright Oliver, you must..." Dean stops mid sentence. "Well Dean, what is it?" Ron blurts out. "Um, er, Oliver must get up and make-out with Y/N." I look up right away and catch eye contact with Hermione again. "Oh, well I'm not sure if Y/N's okay with that. Are you sure that's what the card says?" Oliver clears his throat. "That's what it says Ol." Dean squints at Fred's messy handwriting. 

Oliver and I make eye contact. "Oliver's never turned down a dare yet," Harry whispers to me, "We don't think he has it in him to turn one down." "Oh shut up, Harry you're not helping." I snicker at him. "Wood I'm okay with it if you are." Oliver nods and starts to get up; I do the same. 

We meet each other in the middle of the circle and I look down and blush. I can feel the tension of everyone's eyes on our backs, and Oliver takes a step closer. He tucks a hair behind my ear and puts his finger under my chin and faces it towards him. "Hey, you sure about this?" He asks. "Yeah, I mean we are just friends right?" He clears his throat, "Yeah, just friends." 

He looks into my eyes and down at my lips, and returns his gaze back into my Y/E/C eyes. 

"ACHOO!!" Everyone is startled and turns to Ron. "Nice, Ron!" Hermione turns to him. "I sneezed!" He yells, "Oh, I'm not allowed to sneeze?" Everyone rolls their eyes and returns back to Oliver and I. 

Oliver seemed to lose his confidence, he begins to stutter, "O-Okay, I'm going to kiss you now." I roll my eyes, "Just kiss me, Wood." I take his face and push my lips against his, and almost instantly he kisses back. His hand cups my cheek and my arms wrap around his neck. He pulls me in by my waist and as soon as he tilts his head to deepen the kiss- "AHEM!" We instantly pull away, as we seemed to forget where we were. "Well that was... interesting," George states. "Interesting indeed." Repeats Fred. I blush and smile at Oliver, walking back to our seats on the sofas. 

We continue the rest of the night exchanging long glances, and at that moment I may have believed Hermione a bit that Oliver Wood indeed liked me. And I may believe that I caught feelings for him too.

~

A/N:

LMFAOOOO yall you KNOW i had to take that opportunity and insert that reference. Whoever comments the reference gets a free chocolate frog, on me. It's hard to believe that this is my first author's note of this fanfic! I really hope you enjoyed reading this, as I enjoyed writing it. I kept getting distracted while writing and I may have gotten deeply engulfed in the fifth season of the new Macgyver,,, 

Well you'll prob hear from me soon because I really have nobody to talk to and this senior year really sucks :/

I also vow i'm never signing off as Jewel again bc that was just really gross and i hate myself for it LOL

so ta-ta for now,

-faith (spotsgoil)