Chapter 1: Deal or No Deal

Y/N POV:

After dinner Harry, Ron, Hermione and I return to the common room. We take a seat on the huge couch and take a breath. "That roast was bloody delicious," Ron states, looking at Harry and laughing. "Yeah I hadn't had a meal like it since last year," Harry states. Harry doesn't live with his biological parents either, and apparently he is what's considered "The Chosen One." I look at him and agree, "I've never seen so much food in my life! Everything was so good, I forreal might pass out right now!" I say. They all look at me with confused faces, "Forreal?" Hermione asks, "Yeah, forreal," I continue, "It means really, or like I'm agreeing with you." They all shrug, "Muggle terminology, you're going to have to teach us." I nod my head. I seemed to be the only American at the school, or at least Gryffindor, as everyone looked at me as if I had four heads anytime I said anything other than "Brilliant".

"I think I'm gonna head to bed now," I state as Hermione follows me up the steps. "It was nice meeting you guys, I'll see you tomorrow, goodnight!" "Goodnight Y/N," they holler back.

Back in the dormitory Hermione stays up and fills me in on all the juicy stories of Hogwarts, and we go over my schedule. "Well lucky for you we have some classes together, I'm sure you will fit in just fine." "Thank you," I say as I turn around and shut off the light.

~

"Y/N!" Hermione yells, as she shakes me awake, "It's time to get up!" I groan and roll over, "Don't make me use a levitating spell to remove your blanket," she states. "Fine," I get up and walk over to the bathroom.

"Isn't it marvelous, Y/N," Hermione opens the door. "It's the first day of classes, it's like a brand new start," she continues as she begins brushing her hair. I walk over to the closet and take out my new uniform.

I begin putting it on when Hermione walks back to me. "You're going to love it here, truly," she smiles. "Uh-Hermione-" she interrupts, "and you can meet Fred and you can meet- "Hermione-" i say again, slightly louder, "and you can meet George, they are Ron's brothers-" "HERMIONE!" I yell.

She looks at me and goes "Oh," as she helps me tie my tie. "Brilliant, now we can head to breakfast." I put on a bit of mascara and concealer and walk down to the dining hall.

We sit next to Ron and Harry, who has already began eating. I look down at my plate with awe, "wow," i think, "This food looks delicious." I pick up my fork when suddenly a person I don't know taps on my shoulder. I look up and greet him, "Hello, uh, I was wondering if anyone was sitting here?" I shake my head no, and he sits down next to me, "Thanks," he says in a Scottish accent. I look at Hermione, "who's that?" i mouthe. She giggles, "That's Oliver Wood, he's the Quidditch Team Captain." I tilt my head in confusion, "What's Quidditch?" I ask.

Oliver shoots his head around, "I hate to interrupt your conversation, but are you joking?" He asks me. "No I'm being deadass I don't know what that is. Is that some type of book club thing or?-" "NO," Oliver shouts. The whole dining hall turns to look at him, and I giggle. "No, it is the most intense sport at Hogwarts." I roll my eyes, "Is it like rugby?" I ask, he looks confused, "No it's where we fly on brooms and shoot flying balls into hoops, as one person chases after a golden little ball, in simple terms," Hermione adds, "Oh, dope," I say and I continue eating.

Oliver looks me up and down and says, "You look like you're in good shape for Quidditch." I glare at him, "What's that supposed to mean?" "It doesn't mean anything other than if you learn how to play by next week, I'll put in good words for you during try-outs," Oliver states. "Is that a challenge?" I ask him, He shrugs, "Not a challenge, but a bet." I look in his eyes, "Deal." "Deal." I shake hands with him.