Chapter 3: Soaked

Y/N POV:

Hermione paces around the dorm muttering what I should wear to the pitch. "Red, you must wear red, you're in Gryffindor... Or perhaps a nice skirt and crop top!!" "Hermione, I'm going to play Quidditch, and I'm planning on wearing what I'm in now." She shakes her head, "He did not mention Quidditch practice, only the pitch. Plus you want to dress to impress," she walks over to the closet.

"The only impression I'm trying to give Oliver is how good I am at a game I picked up this year." I mumble as I sit on the bed. Hermione turns to me, "Okay, I heard that," "I know," I respond.

"How about you wear your black and gold school t-shirt and leggings?" Hermione asks while holding up the options. "Fine," I agree.

~

I arrive at the pitch. Oliver's pacing back and forth with two brooms in his hands. "Hey," I call out to him. He looks up, "I was worried you wouldn't come," I laugh, "Oliver it's only 3:01," he shrugs.

"I want to see how good you are at flying," he begins. I nod my head, "Alright, I'll race you to the other side and back." Oliver and I get ready on our brooms. "Ready, set, GO!" We both take off, I'm in the lead. Oliver begins catching up and soon passes me. After a couple seconds we are neck and neck, as we turn around to speed back. He beats me by a millisecond. I grunt and land on the ground. He laughs, "You put up a good race, Y/N." "Thank you, you as well Cap'n" I salute to him. We sit in the sand and talk about my first days at Hogwarts.

Soon a thundercloud rolls in, and as soon as it came, it begins downpouring. We have a long walk back to the castle, so we both run. We both can't stop laughing. Oliver and I rush into the broom shed where we put back the brooms and dry them off. "I have an extra jumper in the locker room if you'd like," he points to the boys locker room. "It's fine don't worry about me, you take it, you're more soaked than me." He shakes his head, and runs to into the boys locker room, leaving me standing in the broom shed. He comes back with a Gryffindor Quidditch jumper with the title "Captain" and his last name, Wood on the back, and hands it to me. "No I beg, take it, I don't want you to get sick before try-outs." He winks, "Well what about you, aren't you cold?" I ask him, "I'm fine, I want you to use it." I sigh and put it on and it's huge on me. He laughs, "Looks good on you," I laugh, "What do you mean?" "Oh nothing," he smiles.

We walk back to the Gryffindor common room where everyone stops to look at us. The commotion calms down and I go to take off the jumper. "Keep it," Oliver begs, "I couldn't, it's yours," I continue. "No, I want you to have it." Oliver refuses, "Fine, thank you," I smile at him. "I'll catch you later?" He asks. "Yeah, later." I wave goodbye and run up the steps. I turn around and look back at him, and he's standing at the bottom, with a huge grin on his face.

I walk into my dorm hoping Hermione isn't there. I quietly shut the door and turn around slowly...

"Y/N!! Bloody hell what are you wearing!!" Hermione yells as she runs over to me, "Is this what I think it is?" I turn away, "Before you 'think' anything, it was raining really hard out and he gave me it to stay dry. That's it." She shakes her head, "No Y/N, when are you going to understand that Oliver Wood likes you!!" I groan and lay on the bed, "He doesn't, he's just being nice to me, and getting in my head so I can mess up at try-outs and he can win!"

Hermione sits down next to me, "I respect your opinion, but it's definitely not that." She smiles and walks away. "Now, dinner's ready, you ready to go?" I nod my head, "Yeah let's go."

Oliver sits down next to me again and whispers in my ear, "Still wearing my jumper I see?" I roll my eyes, "It was cold in my dorm, don't think too highly of yourself champ." He smirks, "You should wear it more often," and with that he turns away and continues talking with the twins. I feel my face turn red as he looks back at me, smirks and winks, and looks away again.