Chapter 7: The Morning After

Y/N POV:

The next morning I wake up with a bad headache and Hermione to be nowhere to be found. Her bed was still made from the previous morning, and everything was just as she left it. I do not recall whether I walked back to my dorm by myself, or with someone's help. I sit up and dangle my feet over the side of the bed and feel the whole room spin around me. On a coaster on the nightstand sits a glass of water. I take a sip and find the courage to stand up. I look at the clock on the wall to find it to be 10am. On the weekends there are no classes, and breakfast ends at 10:30am. I quickly get dressed and shower, and realize that Hermione isn't here to tie my tie. I slide down the railing of the staircase and jump into the common room. George and Fred are at the bottom of the male dorm staircase rubbing their heads, and Oliver is standing next to them. I walk over and greet them, nearly forgetting my occurrence with Oliver the previous night.

"Good morning Cap'n, Thing 1 and Thing 2," I nod my head at them. Oliver looks down at my tie, "Forget something Y/N?" He asks pointing to my tie. "Fun fact, I don't know how to tie a tie, and Hermione wasn't there this morning to do it for me." George and Fred exchange confused looks and their eyes widen as Harry nearly tumbles down the steps. "Mind if I?" Oliver asks before proceeding to fix my tie, "Knock yourself out," I respond.

Following Harry a couple minutes later, Ron and Hermione follow down the corridor. "Well there's the love-birds. How was your beauty rest?" Fred bows to them. "Mione, we heard you didn't attend your dormitory last night, where were you huh?" George interrogates. "Not snogging my brother eh?" Fred adds. George and Fred laugh and they joke, "Nah we know you fell asleep on the couch, we tried to move you but you tend to kick a lot in your sleep." Fred states. "Is that how I got to my dorm last night?" I ask.

 "No clue how YOU got there," George smirks and darts his eyes to Oliver. "Alright, well better get to the hall before breakfast ends. No need for Ronald to get more hangry than he already looks." Oliver says as he clasps his hands together. Everyone turns to Ron and sees his eyebrows furrowed and his arms crossed, "I'm so hungry right now."

~

After breakfast Oliver reminds us that Gryffindor had booked the Quidditch pitch for a practice. "This is the last practice before our first big game against Slytherin," Oliver begins. "We must win, as we are going to win the Cup this year." The whole team nods their heads in approval. "Alright, we shall start with basic drills. Fred and George, I want you to work with the second string beaters, we are trying to use everyone this year. We need as strong starters as second string." They begin walking away, "And boys, please don't hit each other with your bats like last year." They both laugh and proceed on getting on their brooms. "Next, Harry, you may do your thing and catch the snitch." Harry salutes Oliver and flies off after the snitch. "Lastly, Ron and I will be working with the chasers. Ron go on one side of the pitch and I'll be on the other. You all will practice passing and doing combos and shooting. Do you understand?" We nod our heads as we take off into the air. I pass the quaffle to Angelina who passes it to Irving who's shot gets blocked by Ron. 

Angelina catches the quaffle and passes it to Irving who finally passes it to me. I swerve over and under the twins practicing beater, and around Harry towards the hoop with Oliver in front of it. I throw a fake shot and aim the other direction, missing his block and going in by an inch. Oliver looks at me in awe, and I cockily smirk back to him. He knows I'm an asset to the team, and I'm definitely one of the fastest, smartest, and agile players on the team. We continue doing drills and scrimmages for the rest of practice, until it's finally 1pm. 

As we begin to wrap up the practice, we put away the equipment and put our brooms back in the shed before showering in the co-ed locker rooms. I go to place my broom in the shed as Oliver grabs my arm, "Y/N, can you wait for me at the locker room?" I nod my head in response, "Yeah sure no worries." 

I place my broom on my designated hook and I shower and change in the locker room. I put on a pair of athletic leggings, an old soccer hoodie, and a nike headband with sneakers. I wait outside the locker room with my backpack as Oliver walks out last. 

"I was worried that you wouldn't stay and wait for me." He turns to me. "Why wouldn't I, I have nothing better to do." He stops and looks at me. "I think we need to talk about our, erm, situation from last night." "Oh," I look up at his big brown eyes, "What about it?" He shuffles his feet and breaks eye contact, "The kiss. I could be wrong, and I don't know your intentions or opinions on it, but I felt something was definitely there." "I felt it too," I say quietly looking directly at him. "You did?" He asks calmly, "Bloody hell I was hoping you did or I'd feel like a fool. You could probably tell, Y/N, but I like you a lot, and I may be wrong, but that kiss seemed like you had the same energy." I smile and nod, "Oliver, I like you too." A grin spreads to both corners of his mouth, "Really?" He asks. "Yes Wood, I like you." He grabs both of my hands and looks directly into my eyes, "Well then, would you like to accompany me to Hogsmeade tomorrow? As a date, of course?" I nod my head, "Yes Ollie, I'd love that!" I wrap my arms around his neck and give him a hug. 

"You called me that again," He smiles as we break away. 

"What did I say, Wood, you've gotta expect the unexpected."