Chapter 11: Hungover

Y/N POV:

The first sense of consciousness I felt that next morning was the scent. I smell a familiar, comforting scent, one that I cannot name. I roll over, and feel tightness around my legs and I reach my hand down to my kneecap, feeling denim texture. I fell asleep in last nights clothes, I think to myself. I groan and roll over, extending my legs and kicking an object at the foot of the bed. I sit up and rub my eyes, looking for what I could have left on my bed, and in front of me sits Oliver Wood, perched up against a post with his arms crossed. My eyes widen and my jaw drops, I look him up and down, observing that he's shirtless and wearing grey sweatpants. I look around the room and wonder where the hell am I?

"Oliver?" I ask, already knowing the answer. He stirs awake and he opens his eyes, directly making eye contact with me. A grin spreads across his face, and he replies, "Good morning, darling." I look around me and take in the unfamiliar surroundings. The quidditch trophies on top of the dresser, the bedsheets and comforter in a plaid red and gold, and a little golden lion plush placed next to Oliver at the foot of the bed.

I look back up at Oliver, "Are we in your dorm?" I ask and he chuckles, "Yeah, you fell asleep on me last night and I brought you up here." My heart sinks, "Did we... Did I?" He sits up straight and waves his hand to calm me down, "No, no, no Y/N. I originally brought you to your room, but it seemed to be erm... occupied. So I let you sleep here." I nod, "Did you sleep like that the whole night?" I gesture towards the bedpost and he nods, "Your comfort is more important than mine," he responds. I place my hand on my head as the room begins to spin, "Woah, how much did I drink last night?" Oliver laughs again, "Enough that you may have said stuff to me that you may or may not regret saying."

My eyes widen again, and I try to recall what happened last night, but after 10pm, any and all memories had been forgotten. "What. Did. I. Say." I ask him, tensing up. He smiles and leans toward me, "It wasn't anything bad Y/N, and anyways, I'm going to bring it up again later, but formally."

I'm confused. First I wake up in Oliver's bed with no recollection of the night before, plus the pounding headache, and now he mentions something that I said to him the previous night. I begin to worry and he puts his hand on my shoulder, "Darling calm down, I told you it wasn't a bad thing, I personally was happy you said it. Although clearly you don't remember, which is totally fine." I take a deep breath and wrap my arms around him in a hug, "Well, thank you for letting me stay, Ollie," I exhale against his bare chest, "Anytime my angel."

My angel, I repeat in my head over and over, and each time I get butterflies in my stomach. Out of all the names I've been called, "my angel" was new.

We pull away and I get up, nearly tripping over my own feet. "What time is it?" I ask uncertainly. "It's 9:00am, you wanna head down to breakfast?" Oliver gets up as well. I nod, "I can't go down wearing what I wore last night," I look down at my ripped jeans and crop top. Oliver walks over to his dresser and opens it, revealing an obnoxious amount of red and gold quidditch apparel. "Pick your poison," he says, taking a step back and letting me rummage through his drawers.

After a couple minutes of me trying to convince Oliver that I could wear what I'm in now, he snaps. "Are you sure, I could go back to my dorm and- " "Y/N, just take... You know what, here." He reaches inside and grabs a hoodie with his last name on the back, a pair of black sweatpants, and high black nike socks. He places them in my hands and points to the bathroom, "Go on, change." I smile and run to the bathroom.

I tie my hair up in a ponytail and look in the mirror and laugh at myself, I look so stupid, none of the clothes fit, my hair is slightly greasy, and they're all huge on me. I tuck the sweatpants in the socks and throw the hoodie on, and I step outside the bathroom. Oliver had changed while I was in there and he turns around to look at me. "Awwww Y/N come here." He laughs and pulls me into a hug and kisses my forehead, "You look so adorable." I blush and giggle stepping back and sticking out my arms to show him how big the fit is on me. He pulls me back into a hug and says, "I like you in my clothes, you should wear them more often." I blush against his chest and take his hand and begin to walk to the hall.