Chapter 2: Pure Talent

Y/N POV:

The next morning I wake up extra early. Hermione grumbles, "Y/N why are you up right now? It's 5:00am, breakfast is at 8:30 today." I throw on a jumper from my old school and a pair of leggings, "Harry promised to teach me how to fly today. I need to show up Oliver."

Hermione rolls over and opens her eyes, "You only met Oliver yesterday, and try-outs are in a couple weeks. You don't have to do this right now." I shrug, "Hermione, I'm a very competitive person, and I'm not letting that piece of crap one up me!"

I meet Harry down at the common room. "Goodmorning Harry," "Goodmorning Y/N, are you ready for your first Quidditch practice?" "Ready as I'll ever be," I say.

I follow Harry out to the pitch where I follow his commands. "The less fearful you are, the better the broom will listen to you," he said. After the first try the broom quickly snaps into my hand. Harry's eyes widen, "Woah," he says, "I've never once seen that happen. It normally takes people a couple of tries." I shrug my shoulders, "I guess the broom just speaks to me."

Harry and I kick off and practice steering on the broom. I swerve left and right and up and down and practice random plays and situations that Harry scripted for me. At around 7:30am we decide to go back inside.

"Thank you for teaching me today," I say to Harry. "It's no problem at all, Y/N, you're actually quite brilliant at the sport. It seems like a first nature to you." I smile, "It means a lot."

People begin to wake up and walk around the common room. I high five Harry and I walk past Oliver on my way back to my dorm. He smirks and I wink at him as we pass by each other.

He has no clue what he's in for...

~

I shower and get dressed in my uniform and make it to first class on time. Nobody I know shares my first and second classes with me. Third I share with Hermione, Ron, and Harry, and fourth I share with Oliver.

I walk into my fourth class, which is Potions with Professor Snape. I've heard bad news about him, and how he's tried to cancel Harry's career multiple times. I sit down and take out a notebook and begin copying notes when the bench seat begins to creak. I look to my right and find nobody else but Oliver Wood sitting down.

"You're a bit late," I whisper to him. "Yeah I got caught up organizing the brooms in the shed. Seems as if someone used some this morning," his eyebrows go up at me. "Yeah sorry about that, Harry and I went out to practice this morning." I look at him, "Well how did you do?" "What is it to you?" I ask him. Oliver shrugs, "It was just a question."

I turn back to Professor Snape and continue the class in silence. At the end of class Oliver passes me a note and says, "Save me a seat at lunch." "No promises," I say in return as we walk our separate ways down the long corridor.

After fifth class is lunch, which I have off in the library. I sit down and take out the note Oliver gave me.

Meet me at the pitch at 3:00pm

I fold the note back up and stick it back in my pocket.

I get up and walk to the dining hall where I run up to Hermione, "Quick read what Oliver gave me during fourth!" I throw the paper at her. Her eyes skim across the page and her jaw drops, "Don't say anything but he's sitting here at lunch too." I sit down at my benchseat. "Y/N he totally fancies you," Ron states. I glare at him, "Or he wants to see my skills to judge me for try-outs," I nod at Harry.

Without hesitation the bench seat creaks and Oliver elbows me, "Thanks for the seat, darling," he turns to look to his friends. I turn to Hermione and she begins play slapping me, "HE. LIKES. YOU." she mouthes. "He does not, stop jumping before you break the bench. Who knows how old these things are anyways," we all look down at the benches below us.

"I'll see you at the pitch," Oliver whispers in my ear before smirking, getting up, and leaving. I sigh, "Mhm."