Chapter 12: Sneaking Around

A/N:

Y/H/T- your home town

Y/H/C- your home country

Y/E/C- your eye color

Y/B/T- your blood type

Y/N POV:

It's 8:15pm, and I'm sitting on the couch in the common room, leaning my head in the crook of Oliver's neck, his arm wrapped around me. "And then George and I FLEW so fast out of her office she probably didn't even see us!" Fred laughs with George as they explain the prank they recently pulled on Umbridge. I check my watch for the time and stand up, excusing myself from the room. Oliver grabs my arm and turns me around, "Where are you going?" he asks. I shake my head, "I left my textbook in the library I'm going to check if it's still in there, and plus Luna promised to help me with potions." His eyebrows go up in confusion, "I could've helped you with potions if you needed." I smile lightly and tell him that I already made plans with Luna, and I leave the common room. 

I walk down the long corridors of the castle, it is dark except for the torches lit on the walls of the hallways. I walk to the astronomy tower, not knowing what will happen next. 

When I get to the tower I look up in astonishment at this new location I've never been to. I walk up the steps, my feet creaking under the planks, and I soon make it to the top. I peek into the room at the top and I see Draco checking the time on his wrist, and peering over the side of the tower, his hands gripping the railing.

"Ahem," I say and he turns around, his face turning to a smile. "Y/N, I'm glad you could make it." He puts his hands in his pockets and leads me to a blanket on the floor. He sits down and pats for me to sit next to him. I hesitantly walk over and sit down, "Why'd you invite me here?" I look around the room and wait for my eyes adjust to the dark. "I just wanted to get to know you," he states and puts his hands in his lap. "So, where are you from?" he asks. I tell him, "I come from Y/H/T, Y/H/C, and I'm a Y/B/T." He nods his head, following what I'm saying, "Is it nice there?" I smile, "Yeah it is." 

He inhales sharply and exhales, "This is a place that I've always come to to clear my mind," He looks deep into my Y/E/C eyes, and I nod, breaking the eye contact, "Oh, that's cool." He shakes his head, "Not necessarily, my father expects so much from me since I'm the next heir. I don't want to be a Malfoy, everyone thinks of me as cold and rude." I let out a laugh resulting in a stern look from Draco, "Well don't get me wrong, Draco, but you do put that impression on people. One person looks at you and you start attacking them for things they cannot control, like their bloodline." He shrugs, "I guess so. I just wish I wasn't always put under so much stress." I nod my head in understanding, "Well, if you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm always here," I place my hand on his shoulder, and I feel his body tense up. 

He coughs and sits up, "So, is it true? You and Wood?" I nod my head, "We made it official today." He nods, "Congrats I guess. I hope he treats you well." We continue small talk for awhile, and Draco slowly gets up, "It's been fun, but curfew is in a half hour, I'd hate for you to get in trouble." I smile and get up, "This was fun, we should do this again sometime." I hug him, and his body goes stiff, and he slowly melts into the hug, "Erm, yeah, definitely." I pull away and he walks back over to the blanket, picking it up and folding it, "You get going, I'm going to clean up and stay here for awhile." I look back at him, saying "Okay, goodnight Draco," and I walk back down the creaky old steps.

~

I make it back to the common room and everyone is still there. "Y/N how was potions?" Oliver asks as I sit down next to him again. "Oh, erm, it was good," I respond, and I look at Hermione, raising my eyebrows and gesturing towards going back to the dorm. "I'm actually quite tired, aren't you Mione?" She catches the hint, "Yeah, we're going to head in for the night, goodnight guys," she kisses Ron on the cheek, making his face turn bright red, and I look at Oliver smiling before getting up. "Ouch no kiss?" he smirks and I lean back down, cupping his face with both hands and kissing his lips. Everyone whistles and hollers and we pull away smiling. I turn back to Hermione and leave, waving to everyone.

I shut the door and lock it behind me as Hermione walks to her dresser to pull out her pajamas. I do the same and she speaks up, "So, were you really with Luna?" I smile and look at her, "No," I respond and she laughs, "I knew it, who were you with," she walks into the bathroom to go change, "Go on, I'm listening." I sigh, "Fine, I was with Draco in the astronomy tower." She opens the bathroom door and peers her head out, jaw dropped, "Merlin's beard what? What about Oliver?" she asks astonished by my response. "Nothing's going on between him and I, Mione. We're just friends, he needed someone to rant to, and I told him he could come to me." She shakes her head and opens the door, as she's fully dressed and she places her clothes in her hamper. "What does he even need to rant about, with all the money his family has, he doesn't have an excuse to have pity problems," she scoffs. I roll my eyes, "Hermione, his family's really fucked up, I actually do feel bad for him, he's actually pretty nice if you get to know him." She shakes her head and lays down on her bed, "Whatever you say, Y/N. But I don't recommend telling Oliver where you were tonight." She rolls over and says goodnight, and I'm left laying in my bed staring at the ceiling, wondering what tomorrow will bring with a new friend, a new boyfriend, and sixty days until winter break.