Chapter 4:

Y/N POV:

I wake up and look at the clock, "Oh shit I'm late to first class!!" I jump up and run out the door barely finishing tying my tie and putting my shoes on, and I run with all of my textbooks to the classroom. As I'm shuffling in one shoe I trip over my shoelace and fall. I brace for impact as someone stops me from face-planting.

"Falling for me now are you, darling?" Oh gosh I look up to find nobody else but Oliver. "I'm sorry, I'm late to class and I overslept through breakfast." He laughs, "I have off first, and it's too late to even bother to show up, you wanna go for a walk?" I shrug, "I guess so." "Oh and here," he taps on his thigh, signaling you to put my foot up so he can tie it. I laugh trying not to lose my balance again. He grabs some of my books and proceeds to walk with me back to the Gryffindor common room.

"I still get lost around this school," I say looking around. "Makes sense, it's a pretty big place," I look down and catch him looking at me. "What?" I ask, "Oh nothing?" he smiles and looks away.

That's odd I guess...

As we get back to the common room Oliver and I sit on the couch, "You know Quidditch try-outs are today right?" My jaw drops, "Oh shit I forgot," He laughs, "How could you forget?" "I don't know I got so caught up in classes and work that I just forgot," I shrug. He laughs, "Well I oughta get to next class," Oliver says as he gets up. "Alright, well thanks for saving me today!" I giggle, "Anytime, darling," he states as he turns away.

Hermione walks into the common room with her jaw dropped and she moves her finger gesturing towards Oliver and I. "Girl you better tell me why you weren't in first!" She leans over the couch and raises her eyebrows. "I overslept, and I seemed to fall into him, that's all that happened." I stand up. "Did you guys hit it off?" She proceeds, "Hermione, no. Also I forgot there's try-out's today. I can't believe I forgot." She smiles, "Well you better finish studying now so you have time to practice with Harry again." I nod my head and run back to my dorm, "Thanks Hermione, catch you later!"

~

The clock strikes 3:00pm, which means class is officially over for the day. I run back to the common room just in time for Harry to walk in. "HARRY!" I leap over the back fo the couch and land right next to him. "Bloody hell Y/N," Ron says nearly choking on his biscuit. "It's time for try-out's!" I say. Harry and Ron smile, "Yeah, someone's excited," I smile, "Of course I'm excited, I'm going to kick some ass as a starter." Ron looks at me, "You're not even on the team yet, Y/N," I snap at him, "It's manifesting, Ronald."

~

I walked out to the pitch with Ron and his brothers, Harry was going to meet us a little later. "Fred, George, do you think I'm going to make it?" I ask, "Yeah, I don't see why not," Fred states. "Yeah, after all you are Oliver's lover," George elbows Fred, "Not yet she's not." I slap his arm.

"Alright, welcome to Gryffindor's day of try-out's!" Oliver claps his hands together in the middle of the pitch. "First we're going to start out by flying five laps of the pitch, the person to finish first can take a seat in the bleachers."

I look at Fred and George and huff, "Five laps is he bonkers?" Ron looks at me, "Bloody hell the man has gone mad..."

"On go, ready, GO!" We all take off in the air, I'm surprisingly close to the front. I'm behind Fred but in front of George, and Harry is behind us. You'd think Harry would be first with his fancy Nimbus 2000, but I don't wanna talk about it. By the fourth lap I am neck and neck with another person, who's name I do not know. He bumps into me, trying to send me off my broom, but instead, I follow him to the side where he loses balance and slows down.

"Holy shit, I'm in first"

I zoom to the end and finish in first, with Fred on my tail. "Y/N finishes first!" Oliver exclaims, and he winks at me. I smirk back.

The rest of the practice goes pretty well, as I have shown my strengths as a chaser.

At the end of try-out's, everyone's in a puddle of sweat. Huffing and puffing we make our way to the middle of the pitch for Oliver to hand us tiny pieces of paper with the name of our positions on it. The people without a slip of paper do not make it on the team. It sounds quite harsh, and in reality, it is.

"Fred and George come up here," Oliver calls.
They high five and grab their slips.
"Ron, you too." He runs up and grabs his.
"Harry, obviously you're the seeker, let's keep it coming."
"Y/N Y/L/N, you're in." I jog up to him, "Congrats darling," He whispers as I take the slip. I shake his hand and jog back to where the Weasley's are.

"That's all the slips I have, if you did not get one, I'm sorry, but there's only so many slots on a team. You may always try-out again next year, thank you guys!" Everyone walks back to the locker rooms where I shower quick and change into a flannel, black undershirt, extremely ripped jeans, and black old skool vans. I walk out of the locker room to find the Weasley's and Harry waiting for me.

"Y/N, what in bloody hell are you wearing?" Ron asks me. I raise an eyebrow at him, "Clothes?" I turn and keep walking. "Did you spend extra money for those rips?" I huff and continue, "Yes I paid for them to be like this, have you've never seen ripped jeans before?" They all shake their heads, "No," "Well that's dumb."

We walk back to the common room where I keep getting looks for my jeans. "Has anybody EVER seen ripped jeans before?" I ask as I sit down on the couch. "Y/N you have to remember that most people here did not grow up in the muggle world, so no." Hermione says.

Oliver sneaks up behind me and tries to scare me, "Boo," he laughs, I look up at him. "Woah Y/N, what are you wearing?" He covers his eyes. I slap my head, "Hermione, remind me next time we go shopping to get regular jeans and leggings." She giggles, alright.