Chapter 8: Hogsmeade

A/N:

Just a note before you read this chapter that 

Y/F/S= your favorite sport

Y/H= your hobbies

Y/N POV:

I wake up the next morning an hour earlier than I should've, which left me time to shower and pick out an outfit. Lucky me, Hermione was also awake. "Hey Y/N, are you going with anyone?" She asks as she makes her bed. "Actually Mione, yeah, Wood asked me yesterday." "WHAT?" She turns and nearly drops her comforter on the floor, "And you didn't bother to tell me?" I laugh, "You were too busy snogging Ronald Weasley last night for me to have time to even tell you," I respond. "Oh my gosh I am so happy for you!" She exclaims.

"Oh yeah, Hermione?" "Yeah," "He also confessed that he fancies me," Hermione's jaw drops and she runs over to hug me, "Y/N you don't know how happy that makes me! I've been waiting for you two to get together for the longest time!" I laugh, "Yeah, but I don't even know what I would wear. All I've got are muggle clothes." Hermione opens my dresser drawer to reveal tons of clothes that I used to wear back at home. "This is the perfect opportunity to flatter him and be comfortable in your own clothes. Muggle clothes are perfect for a date like this." I shrug, "I guess so."

She pulls out a pair of black jeans that are ripped at the kneecaps and the thighs, and a white long sleeve shirt tucked in with an oversized band tee. "Are you sure that would be appropriate for a date, Mione?" She shrugs, "It's not a fancy candle-lit dinner, you guys are walking around and looking at shops." I shake my head, "I like the fit but not for a day like today." She hangs the clothes back into the closet and takes out plain blue skinny jeans and a sweater. "How's this, comfy but casual?" I nod my head in approval, "I like it, Mione, thank you so much." She hugs me and we both get dressed and walk down to the common room together.

~

I meet Oliver at the entrance to Hogsmeade, and I can see his turtleneck and jeans that are under his jacket. "Hey Y/N," he wraps me in a hug, "Hey Ollie," he smiles. "Ready to go?" He asks politely as he holds out his arm for me to latch to, I nod my head and turn to wave goodbye to Hermione and Ron. "Do you know what's going on between Ron and Hermione?" Oliver asks, looking down at me. "Honestly, no, but they've been hanging out with each other a lot recently, haven't they?" Oliver nods in agreement. It was silent for awhile, before he finally speaks up, "Are you hungry?" he asks. I breathe in a rush of cold air and I nod my head, "Yeah a bit," I respond. "You wanna stop by the Three Broomsticks and get something to eat?" I smile, "I'd like that."

We step foot into The Three Broomsticks and Oliver helps me take off my coat, and he hangs it alongside his on the hook at the entrance. With his hand on my back he guides me to a booth and sits down across from me. I fold my hands together and wait for a waitress to come over to give us menus. "Y/N, you're nose and cheeks are still so pink," Oliver smiles, "You must have been really cold." He reaches across the table and grabs my hands in his. "Bloody hell Y/N, your hands are freezing too!" I laugh, "It happens when I'm outside Ollie, no need to worry." The waitress, Holly, walks over and gives us the specials of the day and offers us anything to drink. I watch as Oliver is so polite and respectful to her, and listens to her. He's much different than other guys I've been with, I think to myself. I look down to remember he still has my hands in his. As Holly walks away he removes his big, warm hands from mine and flips through the menu, continuing the previous conversation, "Alright, but never be afraid to tell me you're cold, I'll always offer you a coat or scarf," he looks up and catches eye contact. I nod in understanding, "Thank you."

Holly comes back over to take our order, and I order a butterbeer and a soup, and Oliver gets the same. We pass the menus back to the waitress and turn back to each other. "So, what other hobbies did you have back in the muggle world." Oliver asks intrigued. I take a moment as I try to remember how uneventful my life was before attending Hogwarts.