Chapter 5: Muggle Sport

Y/N POV:

A few days later I finally learn everyone's names on the team. It felt nice being on a team again, it was definitely an experience I had missed. Before I came to Hogwarts, I was on a soccer team. Soccer was my escape. I used to play center midfield, and I trained since I was five. My teammates were my best friends, and that's why I brought my soccer ball with me on the train to Hogwarts.

I was juggling the soccer ball in the courtyard, practicing different tricks without a care in the world. I was being stared at, as if I had two heads. "I guess people around here aren't familiar with soccer."

A couple minutes later, I hear a voice, "Hey Y/N,"

"Hey Ollie," I respond, without turning to look at him.

"Hey, what in merlin's beard are you doing?" He asks, sitting against a tree trunk.

"Juggling,"

"What are you kicking,"

I stop and catch the ball, "A soccer ball." I look at him.

"Isn't that a muggle sport?"

"Yeah what about it," I respond.

"Oh it's not a bad thing, it's just you're not a muggle." He stands up and walks over to me, "How do you play 'soccer'?"

I laugh, "You wanna learn how to play?"

"Yeah, I mean there's gotta be a reason why you're always so vocal on the pitch, and you're faster than half the team."

I smile, "Yeah, well, I was pretty good on my old team." I look down. "I miss playing soccer. Quidditch is fun and all, but it's just not the same you know?"

"No, I don't know." Oliver responds.

"Alright, well do you wanna learn?"

"I mean I guess so," He shrugs.

We can learn to play right here. "Now stand a couple feet in front of me." He nods his head and runs over. "Now, when I kick you the ball, you stop it with the top of your foot, and kick it back with the inside of your foot." I slowly kick the ball to him and he stops it with ease. He chuckles as he tries not to lose his balance on the ball. "Brilliant, now kick it back," he returns the pass but really slowly.  "I think I'm slowly getting it," he says after a couple more passes. "But how do you constantly keep on your feet, you don't use your hands?" I laugh, "No. Actually, there's one player on the team that does. Honestly you'd probably be into that position."

He tilts his eyebrows, "What position?" "You'd be a pretty good goalie." "What the bloody hell is a goalie?" He asks. "It's like the keeper, they keep the ball from going into the goal. They're the only one on the team that can use their hands."

I look around and i point to Oliver to stand between two trees. "Stay there. Now, when I kick the ball, try to catch it or block it from going past you."

I knock the ball perfectly at him and he catches it. "Brilliant!" I say to him, "Now throw it back to me." He tosses it and I knock it off my chest and trap it at my feet. "Woah Y/N, doesn't your chest hurt?" I laugh, "No, it doesn't hurt."

I send a few more shots at him, and have him dive for a few. I look down at my watch and frown, "We should probably get going, dinner will be soon." I trap the ball at my feet again and I dribble the ball back to the common room, swerving in and out of people and doing fun little tricks to mess with Oliver.

"You picked up soccer pretty quickly," I glance at Oliver. "Thanks, I would definitely want to play again sometime, it's a good workout." I nod my head, "Definitely. I'm gonna shower and change so I'll see you in a bit!" I leave as I run up to my dorm room with the soccer ball.