Chapter 13

"Spots off"

As soon as she had detransformed, Marinette plopped down on her bed.

Tears instantly filled her eyes.

That didn't go at all like how she planned. She just wanted to save him.

It's so hard. Her life is so difficult. And she's just a teenager. The stress is really getting to her.

At times like these, she really can't help but rethink her life. What if she just gave up on being a hero, with all of these responsibilities. She just live the life of a normal teenager again. She really took that for granted.

Every one always wants to join the team. Chloe and even Alya, but they don't understand what it's really like to do it full time.

But everything still wouldn't be normal would it?

What teenage girl had an active stalker breaking into her home all the time? One with powers at that!

Marinette just needed to let it out. Let everything bottled up in her out for once. She's always putting on this strong appearance as a hero but she forgets to take care of her own self.

Hopefully she'll feel better in the morning...

A strange vibrating noise brought Marinette from a deep slumber. She kept her eyes closed for a moment, just listening to the noise she assumed her phone was making. She didn't if she was quite ready to get up.

Eventually the noise stopped and Marinette took that moment to fall back asleep. However, only after a moment, it started back up again.

Marinette groaned and finally got up to go to her phone. She looked at her screen and saw that her father was calling her. For some reason, her brought her into a sort of panick mode. This fully woke her up.

She picked it up and answered it.

"Hello honey! How are you doing? Your mother and I are a little worried about you?"

"Why's that?" Marinette said in a way that almost gave everything away.

"Uh, well we're your parents, of course we're worried. You're all alone, that must be hard on you"

"It is" she said under her breath. "I'm fine, don't worry about me dad"

"Alright honey. Well call to check on you later!" Her father said and then hung up.

She's not fine.

Marinette decided she needed to do something. She left her house with no destination in mind but she decided that she'll come up with something specific to do on the way. She felt comforted in the day. She could see almost everything under the sun light. Despite it raining the other day, it was a little warm today which she thought was nice.

She kept walking rather fast and stopped when she realized she was heading in the direction of Luka's home. Should she go? She would be going unannounced. What does that say about how she feels about him?

She was stopped in her train of thought when out of the corner of her eye, she noticed someone she was knew out of the corner of her eye.

It was Adrian.