Chapter 5

It was just a simple but somehow such a beautiful flower. So innocent but the it had a meaning so demented.

It made Marinette sick to her stomach.

"Nope!" Marinette just slammed her door shut.

She quickly went downstairs and decided to sleep on the family couch in stead. Before she did, she went and turned on all the lights around her. She hoped this would some how deter her unwanted visitor to come and invite himself in. The yellow light that was emitted had comforted her enough that she was now okay enough to attempt to sleep.

She took one of the couch pillows and placed it under head as she went into a fetal position and took the other one and hugged it. It gave her the slightest bit more comfort as well as helped warm her up considering she was too afraid to grab any blankets.

Just as soon as she closed her eyes, she had opened them and found herself waking up to the next day. She stretched out her to relax her stiff muscles but the blanket wrapped around her was very constructing.

She stopped for a moment. She thought to herself, when did she grab a blanket?

She decided to just shrug it off after awhile only because she didn't need that added stress. Marinette was trying very hard to stay calm. She was tired of this whole ordeal. Even if it wasn't the best idea to do so. Nothing in her life was just so simple anymore.

"Tiki? We're going out tonight. And we're going to get to the bottom of this stalker" Marinette spoke aloud determinedly as she headed for the bakery that was even further downstairs.

Her spotted companion had flew out of a random hiding spot and responded, " Are you sure it's a good idea to use Ladybug for such personal reasons? I get that this is all scary but-"

Marinette quickly cut her off "Tiki for all we know this is an akuma that has randomly set its sights on me! Hasn't it been too quiet? There hasn't been any akuma activity in awhile. That could be because there's already one out there roaming and causes chaos but maybe just under the radar! I think a patrol tonight will be very benifital!!"

"I guess you're right" tiki said very hesitantly.

Marinette stopped as she reached the last step and sat on top of it, "I'm so scared Tiki"

Tiki flew on top of the girls head and attempted to hug it. It helped Marinette feel some what better.

But she won't feel completely alright until all of this is dealt with.

She just relaxed in the living room for the rest of the day. Watching tv and playing video game. Uneventful. She needed to pass the time for what she wanted to do.

Marinette had come up with a plan to go out as ladybug before it turns dark and see what she may encounter. Although she secretly hopes she finds nothing. Tikki was relatively quiet throughout this whole time, not making Marinette feel so confident about what she plans to do later.

As the sun began to set, she decides to tell Tikki the exact details of her so called "plan".

"Uh Marinette, that doesn't sound like a full set plan more like just wandering around the city" tikki pointed out afterwards.

"Well um yes I guess it's just wandering but I mean what else can I do??" Marinette responded.

"Marinette! That's dangerous!"

"Anything I do as ladybug has been always super dangerous, how is this any different?"

"How do you know you're stalker won't see you transform??"

Marinette was shocked, "what? What do you mean??"

"Well I mean if he's always watching you, how do you know he's not watching you now and therefore will see you transform?", Marinette just remained silent, "then you'll be more in more danger"

"No no no if he sees me than he'll probably be afraid or just come out and attack me, akumas are reckless you know that" Marinette shook her head as she said this to her tiny companion.

"Ah yes but-"

Marinette cut her off, "I already decided I'm gonna go do this, not just for myself but to also stop this akuma!"

Marinette just walked away before Tikki could say anything so she just flew into her friends purse.

Marinette went downstairs and grab a singular cookie from the bakery. Then she went upstairs and turned off all the lights just incase, hoping it would seem less suspicious. She then gave the cookie to her purse to which something inside took it and ate it.

With a determined face and a ready pose, Marinette shouted "Tikki!"

"Spots O-"

She stopped mid sentence. The words tikki had spoke began ringing and running through her head. Was he watching her now? Marinette glances outside the nearest window. Of course, she saw nothing but the city and the now night sky. Was he somewhere else?

Once again, she was terrified. She didn't move a single muscle. She thought to herself that she couldn't do this, she couldn't expose herself as ladybug. Tikki was right.

"Marinette?" Tikki asked from inside the purse, confused as to what she was doing.

Marinette just went to the couch and slumped down into the cushions. She wrapped herself up into the already existing blankets that were resting on the back.

Was there nothing she could do?

She began to feel even more helpless.