Chapter 15

This whole scenario reminded Marinette of the plethora of times Chat Noir had confessed his love to her when she was Ladybug. To Ladybug, not her. Now he likes the real her instead?

It was a strange feeling. Relief?

He has learned to love both parts of her without even knowing it. Well technically he hates her as Ladybug now but still.

It seemed like her heart had skipped a beat when she thought of that. He liked Marinette.

"I know we don't have many interactions, me being a super hero and all. Not many times have the two of us have been in the same place together. However, ever since that letter- I Uh mean," he stopped for a moment and blushed, "let's just say at some point, there was something that made me see you differently, in a different light"

Marinette could only imagine how red her face was. Chat Noir was just confessing to her again but something about it was different this time. Her perspective and feelings about it was different. Maybe she should give Chat a chance.

No.

There's multiple reasons as to why she can't.

Excluding the fact that he hates her as ladybug right now, there's no way they can do that without revealing their identity to each other. Doing that would ruin everything. What they are doing is super dangerous, adding the slightest chance of their identity being revealed can put both of them in even more danger. Compromise them as heroes.

Besides, maybe he doesn't really like her. Perhaps it was just a small feeling he had before it was magnified to the hundredth degree. Along with his hated for her.

It was just like when Nathaniel was akumatized. As The Evillustrator, he had strong feelings for Marinette and stronger feelings of hate towards Chloe.

Or maybe it was nothing at all, just a small illusion to keep going on his part.

Now Marinette felt a little dumb for her previous feelings. Now this nice persona Chat Blanc displayed to her felt a little fake. Not that he was insincere or anything, but it wasn't real.

"Chat..." Marinette said a little disappointed.

Chat Blanc paused as if he could already tell where she was going to go with her words. The little twinkle in his eye disappeared. However, Marinette couldn't bring herself to continue.

Chat let go of her hands gently and leaned of the railing on her balcony, looking back out on to the city.

"All my life, I felt alone. Isolated. And unable to be who I wanted to be. Truly be myself. I don't play some character when I am Chat Noir. Chat Noir is who I really am. My only chance to be me." He said somberly."

"But you're not Chat Noir anymore", Marinette added. "You've been akumatized Chat"

"And what's wrong with that?!" He snapped as he whipped his head around to face her. That didn't stop her though.

"Everything! You're the very thing that you swore you'd never be. The very thing you fight against and protect the people of Paris from. The thing you've saved ME from" Marinette said desperately, hoping that even a little bit of him would understand.

"I'm not hurting anyone! Why does it matter?" He said with a bit of attitude. Clearly annoyed by the turn of the conversation.

"You're akumatized. You're working and following Hawk Moths bidding. Don't think people haven't witness you fighting with Ladybug-"

He cut her off, "that's none of your business!"

Chat Blanc angrily marched towards her, Marinette couldn't help but back up in response. She forgot how small her balcony was until she found herself already backing up into the bars of the railing. She was stuck here with him, and she pissed him off.