Chapter 14

Adrian?

Where have you been all this time?

Marinette yelled out his name but it was like he couldn't hear because he just kept walking to behind a building.

She tried to run after him.

Her mind was running a million miles a second. Completely forgetting everything that had previously happened. All she could do was focus on him. Her beloved Adrian.

Why was he here? She had missed him so much. She hasn't seen him once this whole time. Neither had Alya of even Nino! It was like he vanished.

Marinette became determined to catch up to him and demanded an answer. Right after she was able to look at him one more time.

She was acting like a lunatic again. All because of Adrien. Not like she would've been able to say anything coherent to him in the first place. She needs to clean to control herself at the thought of him. It's just... hard.

He's so perfect.

At that moment, Luka's face flashed in her mind.

It confused her. Why think of him now? Adrien is the one for her not... him.

Marinette felt kind of guilty and even sad. She enjoyed Luka's company. Was she leading him on?

Marinette was able to catch glimpse of Adrien once more before he turned another corner, completely halting her previous thread of thoughts.

She yelled out his name once more and once again, no reply back.

After a few minutes, Marinette found herself running around around and chasing nothing. She hadn't seen him again since that last time.

She lost him.

She felt her self begin to tear up.

Where did you go Adrian?

She ended up just going home for the time. She needed time to think. After awhile, she went up to her balcony, deciding she needed fresh air again.

Leaning over the black iron railing, she gazed out onto the the city of love at night. It was full of lights and was as gorgeous as ever.

And for once, it didn't help Marinette much.

Maybe sleep would but she wasn't tired enough to try. So much was on her mind. So many things to constantly worry over.

And now Adrian too.

She sighed out loud. Why was her life so hard. It's becoming more and more difficult for her to handle. But of course she would just have to find a way to deal with it all, she promised Master Fu, Tikki, and most importantly, herself, that she would.

She just wished she could have a break. Or just a really great moment that could fix her problems for the next couple days.

Yeah right, where is she going to get a moment like that?

"Are you okay?"

A voice startled her. She turned and saw that Chat Blanc was standing on the rails right beside her.

She let out a small screech, not expecting him, and took a couple steps back.

He didn't get off but he did bend down, it looked like a human trying to imitate a cat sitting down.

"Woah woah calm down! Uh I'm sorry for startling you." He said.

He wasn't angry at her, trying to hurt her or doing weird things to her. He was being normal? Well of course not actually normal but not extra strange like last time he came to her house.

He looked away and said very sincerely, "I'm sorry for uh the other night too. I just got... angry"

Did he just apologize?

Marinette's mind went instantly to using this kindness to her advantage. He was being rational and she was hoping that he could also be reasonable. Maybe she could persuade him to stop all this.

She slowly got up and walked to where she originally was.

"It's okay. Thanks for apologizing. And to what you said before that, I could honestly be better" she said sounding kind of defeated.

She wasn't lying.

"Yeah, same" he said quietly.

Marinette was definitely in ladybug mode. Why would he say that? Most akumatized victims are happy to be akumatized and to be able to do what they pleased with their new gifted powers. With a price of course.

She turned and looked at him, "What do you mean by that?" She tried to say softly so it didn't seem like she was pushing him.

"Uuh well I don't know if I should really say. I'm not very comfortable" he said.

Dissapointed she said back "oh that's okay you don't have to" but she didn't let the tone in her voice let him know that.

He gave a weak smile that only grew bigger "You know what, anything for you Purrincess" she cringe at the pun.

His smile faded and he turned to look out into the city. "I-... I'm heartbroken to put it frankly. And I'm so... angry. I'm so angry all the time. Deep down I just want to be by myself but something is telling me to get up and go do things"

She paused. A little surprised by his honesty. She never understood why he was always so comfortable with her when she was nothing but Marinette.

After a pause of just silence "What kind of things?"

He turned to her and gave her another weak smile, "nothing specific, I just feel like I have to do something."

Marinette could probably guess what that was. Collect her Miraculous. She suspected Chat Blanc was lying to her and knew that himself. Possibly to spare her from worrying.

In the midst of her thoughts, Chat Blanc had jumped down to stand next to her. He just walked right up to her without a single bit of hesitation and grabbed both of her hands.

"But when I'm with you, I feel like all my problems just melt away" he said sweetly while looking down at her.

Marinette felt her face turn warm, probably blushing at his comment. She couldn't tear her face away from him. His new white suit shined in the moonlight. And his eyes were so soft right now. Not cold like they've been looking at her.

"I-I-...what" she was honestly a little confused.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I don't normally do these because I'd like to have as much uninterrupted story as possible but this is somewhat important.

I started another story!!

What does that have to do with this one you ask?

I wrote it in a completely different style and making the chapter 3 times longer. Averaging around 3,000 words per chapter.

I would love for you guys to go read it and tell me what you think of it.

I would like to know because I want to one day rewrite all of this story in exactly that way. The chapter here are always so short and could be better written with more thought and time put into them. I'm just wondering if that's just something you guys would like?

The first chapter is already out!!

I'm quite proud of it so far.

It's called "SKELETON WOLF" - an undertale fanfiction.

Either comment on here what you think or on the new story!!

And thank you guys so much for the support. I read all of your comments all of the time. I wish I had more motivation to write this story faster but I'm not giving up on it!!

Thank you