Chapter 2

The alarm clock goes off.

Marinette groans and puts her head under the pillow as an attempt to block out the loud and annoying sound. She gives up and reaches out for her alarm clock, trying to turn it off. When she couldn't feel it near her, she stretched out further.

Before realizing that the alarm clock was way down below her bed since she had a half bunk bed, she fell off.

"Aaah-" *thud*

"Marinette! Are you okay?!" Tiki said after flying out from another hidden spot.

Marinette only groaned and remained in her awkward position on the floor. After some time had passed, she sat down like a normal person and sighed.

"Another day, another embarrassment commit by me" she wined.

Tiki could only comfort her so much so she hugged her head, or at least tried to with her tiny body. Marinette just decided to get ready for the day, maybe even open up the bakery for a few hours. She hasn't decided but whatever happens couldn't be any worse then yesterday, she was just so certain by it. So she stood up and instantly was hit with a wave full of  uncomfortableness.

She froze in place, afraid to move, afraid to know what's going on. She dared to turn her head and look around, but when she did there was nothing there. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary in her room, it just all felt wrong. It was almost like something came in the night and watched her sleep, not leaving a trace of physical evidence but left their scent all over the place.

Marinette decided to just take the risk and took a step forward. The creaking of the floorboards beneath her made her very nervous. Nothing happened. She thought she had to take one more look around her room just so she could feel better about whatever it is that is happening.

Everything was exactly how she remembered it. She couldn't understand why she was feeling this way for. What was the cause for the aggressive chills that ran down her spine as she tried to move? There was nothing there after all, she checked. What was going on, and why was this happening so suddenly and randomly.

After a while, Marinette was finally able to reached her stairs and head to the floor below her. She opened up the bakery but there was not a single customer. She just spent the entire time on her sketch pad, designing this hat, so it didn't really bother her.

She was so bored. Absolutely nothing has happened. No customers. No friendly visits. Not a single Akuma to battle. No sign of Chat about either. Something about seemed a bit weird but she could not tell what about it exactly that bothered her.

It's just something wasn't right.

~•-•~

Another day has passed and it was exactly the same. The boringness and everything. Absolutely no customers, it was just so weird.

Not to mention, Marinette got the exact same feeling when she woke up the next day. No clue what it is either, Tikki tried to reassure her that it was really nothing.

Marionette just tried to ignore it at first but after a week had past, she realized that it's wasn't just nothing. It kept happening and happening. She became anxious, terrified of the present unknown.

Marinette decided that this night will be the night she figures out what's happening. To figure out how to end this madness. She had a plan, although it was kinda flimsy, it was the best she got.

Hiding her phone in a random spot, she left it to record the whole night. Her plan was to stay up and watch to see what will happen. If she fell asleep or chickened out, she has a recording. She locked every room in her house, even locking herself in her room in case whatever it is decides to explore her houses as well. Before that, Marinette had grabbed a frying pan to protect herself and a knife that she slid underneath her mattress in case worse came to worse.

"Don you think that you might be going a bit over board?" Tikki squeaked.

"I have to protect myself, besides that's my last resort. I still have the option to transform to ladybug which would be way more effective" Marinette explained.

"Okay but I am a bit nervous to see what this strange thing finally is" Tikki admitted.

"So am I and hopefully we can stop it before it goes too b far and turns for the worse." Marinette being filled with the courage of ladybug.

There she sat on top other bed, covered in blankets and hugging the frying pan, prepared and waiting. Her kaumi laid on her shoulder, falling asleep quickly. Marinette tried to come up with different scenarios of what it might be.

The best she could come up with is that it was an akuma, the only question left is why is it bothering her, what did she do to upset it? Or even who was it? The answer lies just right ahead of her, all she has to do is wait.

After what seemed like forever, hours upon hours, Marinette finally gave up. She was exhausted and could barely keep her eyes awake and her mind from drifting off. She laid herself down and closed her eyes.

Then she heard the window open.

She froze. Fully awake and petrified.

The window door creaked as it opened. There was a long pause, almost as if to see if it would wake her up or not. Then a loud thump followed with another long pause. Whatever it was, began to quietly walk around her room.

She heard things in her room be moved as well as what it seemed to be sniffing, like a predator searching for its prey. She tried to keep herself calm, it was just all scary, until she heard the footsteps head towards her.

It took everything in her to not either cry or scream. She had to force herself to stop shaking and keep her eyes close. The steps had stop only just right in front of her. That horrible feeling she felt every morning felt even worse, ten fold. She wanted to run away and hide, to never return and never be greeted by this monster.

She felt a hand carcass her face. Never in her life had she ever been so scared of what will happen next. She had only what she believed to be a split second to decided whether if she should stay or transform and fight.

Then she heard a sigh then followed with: "One day my love" spoke a voice so soft and so menacing yet very familiar.

The hand had lifted from her face, releasing her from their grip and its spell. It walked back towards the window, stopping for a moment before supposedly jumping out the window and closing it.

Marinette still did not dare to move, it's presence still lingering in her room. She laid there for what seemed like hours again but this time very aware of every second that passes by and still not moving a single inch. She didn't even know when she had fallen asleep.