Chapter 1

Marinette plops down onto her bed with her arms stretching outwards. She lets out a deep and long sigh, hoping it would help relieve her of all her stress. Of course, she was happy that it was summer break so she doesn't have to add school to that list, although her parents left her alone with the bakery so they could go on their trip. It's just so much has happened in her life right before school ended.

That night with Chat Noir was constantly on her mind but she tries to puts it off as just another instance where Chat was being annoying. She still felt bad, even though he can annoy her to pieces, he still means a lot to her. His feeling, as well, count even if they don't know who each other are under the mask and never will.

Not to mention her anxiety has been eating away at her over that letter she wrote and gave to Adrien. What if he thinks of her just as a friend and is he going to reject her right when they see each other again? She should've never given it to him, she thinks, now she can never go into the outside world without dying of shame, having everyone watching her knowing she was just rejected. She stuffs her face into a pillow knowing that her life is clearly over.

"Don't you think you might be over reacting a bit?" Said a small voice.

"Tikki, what if Adrien thinks I'm just a nuisance" Marinette says as her voice is somewhat muffled by the pillow.

Tikki, who flew out of some random spot, answers "That doesn't really seem like a thing Adrien would do"

"You're right, Adrien is too perfect to do something like that... I'm just not worthy of him!!!" Marinette yells into her the pillow.

"Honestly, Marinette, you need to stop putting yourself down, you are the Ladybug!" Tikki says.

"I know but out side of the costume I'm just a nobody with not even a single unique thing or any special qualities about me" Marinette says after she turned her head to look at Tikki so she would at least be somewhat audible again.

"Stop doubting yourself, Ladybug can't be such a great person if the person under the mask isn't as well?"

"I guess..." Marinette says not feeling too much better.

Tikki flys over onto Marinettes head and lays on top onto her hair. Then her phone starts vibrating from the opposite end of the bed. Marinette looks at the caller name: "Alya". She picks it up and presses the green button then puts it up to her ear.

"Hello?" Marinette says into the phone.

"We're all going over to the park soon, you have to come too! Also I think Adrien is coming~" Alya still sounds suspicious even over a device.

"I don't know if I could face him, knowing that he read my embarrassing letter..."

"It was not embarrassing! It was poetic and romantic, I should know, you made me reread the whole thing atleast twenty times." Alya recalls.

"Yeah... I guess I'll go then" Marinette finally agrees.

"Alright! See you later girl!!" Alya then hangs up on Marinette.

Marinette gets up and looks at her chosen outfit for the day. It was the one from the day before. She probably stinks a bit too, her hair is also kind of messy and out of place. She sighs at how horrible she's been taking care of herself.

"If I'm going to see Adrien then I might as well look presentable" Marinette says to herself.

~•^•~

Marinette walks through the park, looking around for her friends. She then spots Alya and runs towards her.

"Hey girl!" Alya says.

"Hi... wait where is everyone? Where is Adrien?" Marinette says as she looks to find that only Alya and Nino showed up.

"All of them had their plans change" Alya explained.

"All of them?" Marinette asked.

"All of them" Nino reassured " Also Adrien never responded. Come to think of it, he hasn't responded to anything I've sent him..."

"Really? Do you think something has happened to him?!" Marinette begins to worry.

" I'm sure nothing that his father couldn't handle happened, like if Adrien was kidnapped, Gabriel Agreste would have all of Paris after that boy for sure!" Nino joked knowing that it couldn't possibly happen.

"Don't joke like that! Adrien kidnapped?! Thats a very serious situation! But you're right..." Marinettes worry went away, she won't be hearing his response anytime soon at least.

"Yeah you're right I'm sorry" Nino said.

"Well anyways, you can stay if you want but I was thinking that I could just turn this gathering into a date with just Nino and I. Do you think you'll be alright?" Alya asked.

"Oh you two go have fun I'll be alright!" Marinette responded.

"Thanks gurl!" Alya said before she grabbed Nino's hand and ran away.

"And all alone again..." Marinette slouched and walked all depressed all the way over to the bench.

Marinette decided to take a moment to herself and relax in the tranquil environment provided by the park. She pulled out her drawing book and drew out some designs for the future. Being content with her designs, she got up and went home.

Her house wasn't far from the park. She had enough time to get over everything that happened, well almost everything. She decided she'd open the shop for a few hours just to pass the time. When she got bored she closed it and went to bed. Even tho it was only around 6:40-ish she fell asleep.

She didn't even notice the pair of blue eyes peering into her window, watching her.