Chapter 4

Marinette couldn't be by herself. She was too terrified. As soon as she woke up she had called her best friend and asked to hang out and possibly also spend the night. Alya had no objections, obviously, but she could tell something was wrong through the tone of Marinettes voice on the phone, even though she tried to hide it. Alya decided to wait until they met up to say anything about it.

Marinette and Alya ended our meeting at the park and had purchased ice cream together. The temperature of the ice cream had brought comforting chills to her spine, so far from the ones she had experienced the night before. The taste was so sweet. Not to mention they were surrounded by people so she felt somewhat safe in the crowd. It had all caused Marinette to relax, even if it was only a little bit and just for a moment, it was something at least.

"So. What's up?" Alya asked out of the blue.

Marinette could tell it was not just a "how are you?" Kinda tone. She knew what that girl meant. Alya knows her too well to know when something's wrong.

"Do you ever just feel like something's watching you? That no matter where you go and what you do, it's still there??" Marinette said quietly as she stared down into the the sugar cone. She didn't feel right saying that whatever it was had come into her room at night.

Ayla replied concernly, " Wait what? Has someone been following us? Should we go to the police!"

"Mm I don't know I've never seen them but I feel them. I feel as if they're always with me"

Alya didn't respond at all this time. She just remained quiet. As the time slowly past, the silence had brought dread into Marinette.

"Just forget it. Just forget! I've just been losing sleep and I guess it's been affecting me negatively" Marinette have a shy smile as she tried to joke it off.

Alya sighed "Okay well that's still serious. Maybe it has something to do with running the bakery alone while your parents are gone or something?"

Marinette just sighed and nodded. She couldn't help but feel like maybe she was going crazy. Maybe it was just a dream or something. Then how did Tikki hear it too? Is this an akuma? Why is it obsessed with her.

All these questions scared her. Everything about this situation had frightened her. She was relieved that she would be able to atleast collect her self at Alya's place.

The girls eventually went back to Alyas house. Luckily Alyas sisters were having a sleepover of their own else where so they could relax. They had a movie night filled with all sorts of random movies as well as popcorn and candy. Marinette finally had a fun and not so stressful time the first time that whole week.

Although that quickly changed when Alya fell asleep.

Marinette was left to her own thoughts. She ended up pysching herself out has she kept asking herself those same questions. Something, she realized, she has done quite often.

"Come on Marinette you need to calm down! This is all just getting out of control now" she whispered to herself out loud, trying to be careful for the sleeping girl nearby. 

There's so much to worry about. It never seems to end, she always seems to have to take responsibility. Chat and her have to, although more so herself.
Where is Chat? I need you.

~•^•~

"Wake up already girl!"

Marinette opened her eyes to find Alya yelling from the kitchen, in a apron and seeming to be making breakfast for the two of them. Soon the delicious aroma that had filled the whole house had hit her. She smiled and slowly got up from her sleeping spot and walked over. As she sat down on a nearby chair, she watched Alya with a sleepy grin.

"Ah how great of you to make me some food my perfect wife" Marinette joked in a sort of man voice.

"Of course dear! Anything you <3" Alya responding but for some reason in a high pitched voice.

They both just laughed at themselves as Alya set up the table and set all the food down. She had made French toast, bacon, and fried eggs. Marinette took a bite and was so amazed.

"Dang Alya! This is good, thank you" she said before taking another bite.

Alya just winked back at her friend. It sure does help learning from someone like her mother.

After breakfast they both lingered around the house for a little longer. Watched some movies, played some games, nothing much. Soon enough most of the day had passed. Luckily for Marinette, Alya asked if she wanted to stay another night. Of course Marinette said yes right away, thankful she wouldn't have to go back just yet.

All the event they had experienced had then repeated. They watched movies all night again, ate breakfast and chilled out the next day.

When the next evening came, Marinette had felt she had over stayed her welcome and decided to leave. She was so grateful to have a friend like Alya to be there for her. She said good bye and left.

When Marinette got to her own house, it felt cold and empty. It was all so dark. She just took a breath and turned on all the lights to help her feel better. She even did some baking herself downstairs to distract herself. Mostly because she felt most uncomfortable in her own room.

Soon, it got so late that she couldn't just ignore it. Marinette finally decided to go up to her room to sleep.

She began to shake as she went up the stairs. She was afraid to sleep in her own house. She was afraid to be in her own room. She was afraid of whatever has been watching her. Has it noticed she's been gone?

She slowly opened the door to her room and turned on the lights.

She hoped to god that everything would be just as she left it and that everything was fine but it was hard to miss the blaring bright red out of the corner of her eye.

The rose that has been left on her desk.