Chapter 3

Marinette found herself walking down the familiar streets of Paris. She passed the buildings that she's seen all of her life. They bring her comfort to see them because at least they remain the same and are not crazy like every other aspect of her entire life.

She can't help but think. Her thoughts wonder from things like school to Adrien. Will Adrien always view her as a friend? She's tried so hard to get close to him and all but every time her body betrays her and freaks out. She's like a malfunctioning robot around him and no matter what she does or how hard she tries it's always the same. Should she just give up?

What about Chat?

Wait, where did chat come from, she thinks to herself. What exactly about Chat? She doesn't like him like she likes Adrien. Chat doesn't even compare to her perfect Adrien. But as amazing Adrien is, Chat Noir is always there for her. Every time she needs him, he is there for her, every single time. So why can't she just move on to Chat? What is so wrong with that?

Because he is Chat Noir and she is Ladybug. It's for their safety. Neither of them can learn who each other really is and their identity. If so, it will be their down fall for sure. She has to hold back, for them both. She's doing it for Chat.

She suddenly realizes she does not know where she is anymore. None of the surrounding buildings are ones that she recognizes. They are strange, bland and dark. The time has seemed to change too, it's nearing night now. She can not turn around, her body won't let her. Instead, she's forced to keep traveling in the same direction.

The structures around her seem to change the farther she goes. They get closer to her, narrowing the path. It seems that they are growing taller even, and curving around her. To try and reach for her.

She tries to run away but as her pace quickens so does all of the buildings' movements. She opens her mouth to yell but nothing comes out. She runs with all her might trying not to get eaten up. Tears fall from her face as she feels that it's the end of her life.

She will never get to see her Adrien again. She will never see her friends or her family either. She will never get to see Chat and tell him that she's sorry.

That she's sorry for their last meeting.  That she was never able to return the same feelings, the one that he feels for her. Chat fills every corner of her frantic mind.  She can't help but cry even more.

Every thing is over. She closes her eyes as the buildings are finally about to reach her and crush her. Making her a part of the architect and the street below her.

Nothing happens.

She opens her eyes and finds herself on the roof of the buildings instead. The sun was about to finally set and the sky was full of colors. She can see at the end, there sits a figure. She tries to cry out, but once again, she does not make a single sound. Instead she tries to get to them. As she gets closer she can see who it is, it's her Chat Noir.

When she finally reaches him, he's sitting on the edge of a roof top looking out onto the sunset and sky around them. She tries to catch her breath after all of her running had tired her out. When she's done, Chat is still not looking at her and continues to look out. She says his name and forgets that she is muted. Instead she reaches out for him.

When her hand reaches his shoulder, he jumps. His hand eventually slowly comes up and holds hers. It's so welcoming and gentle. This is all so peaceful, such a wide difference from what she had experience not that long ago. She watches him as his breathing patterns relaxes her even more.

She wishes she could tell him all the things on her mind but her silence prevents her from doing such. She's okay with that, it almost feels that any sound would just disrupt them now. She just sits next to him, looking out at the sky just like he is, hand in hand.

Out of the corner of her eye, she sees his head moving slowly in her direction. She turns to meet his gaze.

Instead she met with his red eyes.  They bring back the fear and uncomfortableness she feels every morning when she wakes. The seem to get closer as if you swallow her whole. And suddenly she can't breathe. A tightness wraps around her neck. She claws at his hands and tears fall down her face once more. She mouths the words "sorry" to him but he doesn't even blink.

Marinette sits up and screams. She finds herself back in her room and realizes that all that had just happened, was only a dream. Still she can't help but put her face into her hands and sob.