i. l u n a l o v e g o o d

"I can see them too, you're just as sane as I am" Luna said in her usual dreamy voice to harry. I held back a laugh seeing the look on his face.

"Hey Harry! Hermione, Ron, I didn't see you on the train, where were you?" I asked to quickly change the subject.

"We looked for you, but we couldn't find you," Hermione replied, gazing at Luna curiously.

"Oh! this is Luna Lovegood... sorry" Luna looked up dreamily from the Quibbler, which she was reading upside down. "Luna and I have been friends since fourth year. She's quite.. interesting," I added.

"Yes Venus is very kind to me.. most people think i'm a bit odd" Luna said returning behind her Quibbler.

This was true. Most people avoided her, and called her Loony Lovegood. I could never stand it when my friends teased her or hid her things. I'm in Ravenclaw with Luna, the same year as Harry Potter. I caught some of the girls sneaking out of her dorm in fourth year, carrying many of her belongings, and I hexed them until they dropped her things and ran off. As I was collecting her things off the ground, she came upstairs and I told her what happened. She didn't seem surprised and it made me so angry I wanted to curse all the students at Hogwarts. After that we became inseparable. Most of my friends from Ravenclaw started avoiding me, but Harry, Ron and Hermione always stuck with me, though they were quite busy with the tournament.

The girls stopped hiding her things after a few hexes, but they continued to talk behind her back, tease her and laugh at her. Luna didn't seem to notice but it made me want to light the school on fire and watch everyone burn. Luna was so pure and innocent. How could they be so cruel to someone so wonderful?

She was beautiful, and perfect. She was just like a sunflower. She was perfect and lovely, and yet everyone wanted the rose. but I always thought that roses were overrated. Besides, everyone wants a rose, and when everyone has a rose, is a rose still special?

"Vee! Oi, earth to Venus!"

My head snapped up and I saw all four of them staring at me.

"Oh sorry! I was just thinking."

"Oh, who were you thinking about?" Hermione grinned.

"no one.. I'm just thinking about how excited I am for the feast" I replied. Now I'm not sure why I lied.

"You can say that again!" Ron's eyes lit up at the mention of food. "They have the best chicken at Hogwarts," Ron sighed with a dreamy look on his face.

"I hope they have pudding," Luna said hopefully with her dreamy eyes.

I gasped dramatically.

"And cookies!" I widened my eyes and gazed hopefully at the castle.

After that we all began to discuss food and sweets we hoped to eat. Hermione seemed annoyed the whole time.

"You can't expect the house elves to make all of that!" Hermione whined.

"Hermione, can you drop it already? We don't care about spew!" Ron exclaimed in an exasperated tone.

"It's S.P.E.W!!!!" Hermione shrieked.

I raised an eyebrow at harry.

"You missed a lot last year.." he whispered.

Ron and Hermione continued to argue the rest of the way to the castle.

"They act like an old married couple!" I whispered to harry.

Harry grinned and nodded glancing at our two screaming friends.

"I wish they would just kiss and admit they're in love already," Luna sighed.

Harry laughed, nodding at Ron and Hermione.

I gazed at Luna's moonlit face wondering how someone could be so perfect.

"I like her," Harry whispered and grinned at luna.

"Yeah" I smirked back. "Me too"

book readers like me know that harry didn't really like luna until the end of fifth year but lets not talk about it.

xoxo
gossip girl <3