v. s c a r s

"That hag made us carve into our own hands!" I exclaimed to Ron and Hermione, sitting down for breakfast the next day.

"What?!" Hermione exclaimed, dropping her fork, and Ron choked on his pumpkin juice.

"Harry, you didn't tell us that!"

"Let me see," Hermione said, taking our hands and examining the scars. "This is unacceptable. It must be illegal." Hermione looked up at Umbridge with the most terrifying look I had ever seen her wear.

"She made us write it over and over until it 'sunk in'. It would heal over and then she would make us do it again. I only did it a few times, And then I said that this was cruel and it must be illegal, and she said i could go" I looked at harry. "How long did you have to do it for? Yours is much worse."

"Until about midnight" he said casually.

Ron choked on his juice again and Hermione gasped.

"Harry, you have to tell dumbledore! This can't be allowed, it's torture!" Hermione exclaimed.

"How long did Leo stay, Harry?" I asked, finding Leo a little ways down the table, sitting with Fred and George Weasley. Leo is a gryffindor in the twin's year and the three of them love to pull ridiculous pranks.

"Not a whole lot longer than you" Harry shrugged. He seemed to understand the message. I just didn't want to give her the satisfaction of complaining."

"Oi! Leo!" I called down the table.

He looked up and I waved him over. He got up resentfully and trudged over as though it was the worst thing he could possibly be doing.

"Why are you even at the Gryffindor table when you're in Ravenclaw?" he asked.

"Why are you so ugly?" I retorted. "Anyways, show me your hand."

He slapped me in the face and grinned.

"Did you see my hand, sis?" he laughed.

I glared at him and slowly reached for my wand.

"Okay, okay sorry" he said, raising his hands hastily. "Here, look."

He lifted his hand in front of my face so I could see the words, 'I must behave' etched into his skin.

"This is unbelievable!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Are you seriously more pissed off about this than us hermione?" Leo asked, sitting next to her. "Are you worried about me, Mione?" he smirked.

"Ew stop flirting with all my friends" I grimaced and pushed him out of his seat onto the floor. "Don't you have a girlfriend?" I looked over at Alicia Spinnet, a chaser on the gryffindor quidditch team.

"For the last time Alicia and I are just friends" Leo rolled his eyes. "What about Malfoy?" he smirked, raising an eyebrow and looking over at the Slytherin table.

I was about to retort and tease him about Alicia but I realized I couldn't speak. I shook my head and looked at the floor.

"What, did he reject you or something?" Leo laughed.

I shook my head again.

"Vee what's wrong?" hermione asked, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Nothing, I'm fine," I replied looking up and faking a smile.

"Did he do something?" Leo asked sternly, glaring at malfoy.

"No! No, I rejected him Leo, it's okay," I knew that Harry and Ron would look for any excuse to have a row with Malfoy, so I didn't say anything else.

"Okay" Leo said, getting up and walking back over to Fred and George.

Hermione looked at me suspiciously, but with concern in her eyes. I avoided her gaze and returned to my pancakes.

I had a break after charms so I went to the common room. I did my best to avoid Hermione, knowing she would ask questions.

I found Luna sitting alone by the fire and walked over to her.

"Good morning Luna" I smiled, dropping into the armchair next to her.

"Hello Venus, are you alright? You seem upset" her eyes showed worry.

"I'm fine. I already hate umbridge. "I sighed, showing her my hand. "Detention" I said in response to her questioning look.

"That's horrible! Are you going to tell Professor Dumbledore?" she asked, holding my hand in hers.

My heart skipped a beat feeling the warmth of her hand around mine.

"No, Harry says he's busy. And besides, not all of us can be Dumbledore's favorites like harry. I think it will have to be him who tells him."

She nodded and returned her focus to the quibbler. She released my hand and my heart sank. I watched her reading the quibbler as I got out my transfiguration homework.

She was so cute when she read. She flipped the quibbler upside down again and I smiled to myself. I pulled out my quill and tried to focus but Luna began to hum softly. I smiled, realizing it was our song and hummed with her.

"Oh am i distracting you Vee?" Luna asked.

"Never" I replied and she continued to hum quietly.