ix. c o n f e s s i o n s

I was going to tell her while she was helping me pack for Christmas, but I chickened out. I decided to wait a while and I got an idea on the Hogwarts express.

"Luna, Ginny, I need to go say goodbye to someone real quick. I'll be right back."

"Oh, who is it?" Ginny asked.

"Just Dra- Malfoy."

"Oh, I should probably tell you, he has a girlfriend."

"What?'  I asked, turning around.

"Pansy Parkinson."

"Oh he didn't tell me."

"You seem disappointed."

"Oh yeah. But not for the reason you think." I added. I waved and left the compartment.  I walked down the Slytherin end to find Draco.

"Boo!' I jumped and spun around to see Draco grinning at me.

"Don't do that!" I exclaimed. 

"Sorry, sorry."

"I was coming to find you."

"Oh, well here I am."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what- ohhh Pansy' he said.  "Sorry I was just so happy I forgot to tell you. Did you tell Luna?"

"Er- no. But I was looking for you to say goodbye, and also ask if I can invite Luna to your Christmas ball?'

"Goodbye, then" he said, hugging me.  "And yes, of course you can."

"Thanks' I smiled and squeezed by him to head back to my compartment with Ginny and Luna.

(ok but just imagine her walking into Luna and Ginny full on making out...)

"Hey, I'm back," I said sitting down across from Luna.  "Where's Ginny?"

"Oh she went to talk to Harry," Luna replied.

"Oh" I smiled and nodded, because Luna and I both knew about her crush on Harry, even though she's dating Dean Thomas now.  "Er- Luna?"

She looked up from her rare creatures book.  "Yes?"

"Do you uhm... want to come to Narcissa Malfoy's Christmas ball w- with me?" I stuttered.

Her face lit up.  "I've always wanted to go... but we've never been invited," Luna smiled.  "It's a date."

My chest fluttered with butterflies, and I could feel my cheeks growing red. 

Then she pointed to a page about gulping plimpies and read some to me, then proceeded to talk about who has them as pets.

Christmas Eve had finally arrived and I was watching the snow fall outside my window, imagining scenes in my head for tonight.  I made up conversations with the other guests, Draco, but mostly Luna.

Tonight was the night that I would tell her how I feel.

My mom took me to buy a new dress from Twilfitt and Tattings the day before. It was the most beautiful dress I had ever seen, and I was so excited to finally wear it. It was rose gold with long sleeves and gold stars. My mom did my hair in a sort of braid crown and curled it with a spell she promised to teach me.

 My mom did my hair in a sort of braid crown and curled it with a spell she promised to teach me