vii. d u m b l e d o r e s a r m y

The first meeting became the only thing to look forward to.

I tried out for Seeker after Harry was banned from quidditch, but there's no beating Ginny. Ginny Weasley is one of the most remarkable girls I know. She is unbeatable in quidditch. No one even knew she played and suddenly she had replaced Harry as Gryffindor Seeker. where do my ideas come from at this point 💀

Also because the Ravenclaws just don't like me very much. They all pretend to but if it comes down to it, I'm the one they would eat if we were stranded on an island, without hesitation. So, I tried for Gryffindor. But like I said, Ginny is unbeatable. Ginny and I were quite close. We were sort of a trio, with Luna but I wasn't as close with her as with luna.

But anyways, there wasn't much fun without quidditch and umbitch's constant new decrees. The D.A. was the most exciting thing this year. Compared to the last few years, with the big dog, the chamber of secrets, Sirius Black escaping Azkaban and the triwizard tournament.

I guess I might be called a fourth wheel. The trio didn't purposely exclude me, but it was hard, being in separate houses. I was with them when we found Fluffy, and I knew about the philosopher's stone, I just wasn't with them when they saved it, because they had to sneak out in the invisibility cloak at night.

and I came with them to the chamber of secrets, but Ron and I got stuck behind. and as for Sirius Black, I never got past the Whomping Willow tree. I got a nasty blow to the head and woke up to Hermione shaking me, then we see Professor Lupin transform into a wolf, then Sirius into a dog. Harry and Hermione filled me in on the wack details after Ron's leg was bandaged. But unfortunately I missed out on time travel. Last year we didn't have a lot of time together.

So yeah, this year is pretty dull.

I met Harry, Ron and Hermione for the first meeting. It was this strange secret room that would change to whatever the person using it needed.

I got there just after they did as they were entering.

"Hey, Vee" Hermione waved as we went through the doors.

"Woah! This room is amazing, I wish I had known about it before" I exclaimed gazing around the huge room.

The walls were lined with bookcases and there were silk cushions on the floor instead of chairs. at the far end a shelf held some instruments, one being a sneakoscope. I remember all too well the screeching device from the train ride to hogwarts. There was also a cracked mirror.

"These will be good when we're practicing stunning," Ron said, prodding a pillow with his foot.

"Yeah, I imagine you'll be on the ground a lot," I grinned and Harry laughed.

"And just look at these books!" Hermione exclaimed as she ran a finger down the spines of the books.

"Ugh no" I groaned. "We read enough in Umbitch's stupid dada lessons" I whined.

Hermione smiled and waved me off. "Harry this is wonderful, there's everything we need in here!" she said, immediately sitting down to read Jinxes for the Jinxed.

There was a knock and some of the Gryffindors began showing up.

"Whoa! What is this place?" Dean asked.

Harry started explaining but had to repeat it as more people showed up. Everyone sat down and went silent as Harry locked the door.

"Well," Harry said nervously. "This is the place we've found for practice sessions."

To be completely honest I zoned out after that. I was just watching Luna. She looked like she was in a particularly nice day dream. She was twirling her hair and staring at the ceiling.

"Vee, you vote for Harry right?" Hermione asked.

I looked around to see everyone with their hand up staring at me.

"What? Oh- yeah," I said and hastily raised my hand.

"Er- right, thanks" said Harry, his face flushing crimson. "And- what, Hermione?"

"I also think we ought to have a name," Hermione said. "it would-"

I stopped listening again. I love Hermione, but I can't listen to her for too long. Also, Luna was now smiling, still looking dreamily up at the ceiling.

I started listening again when Ginny said, "let's make it Dumbledore's Army, because that's the ministry's worst fear, isn't it?"

The group murmured appreciatively and laughed.

"All in favor of the D.A.?" Hermione asked bossily, kneeling on her cushion to count. I raised my hand. "That's a majority- motion passed!"

She pinned the parchment with all their signatures on the wall and wrote on the top in big letters,

DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY

We practiced disarming charms, though Zacharias Smith didn't like this idea. I ended up partners with Neville. Don't get me wrong, I love Neville, but he wasn't exactly the best choice of partner.

Neville managed to disarm me quicker than I had expected. I had been watching Luna and he got me when I wasn't paying attention.

"I DID IT!" Neville exclaimed gleefully. "I've never done it before!"

"Good one!" Harry said encouragingly as he walked around the room.

We practiced disarming charms for the rest of the evening. At ten past nine Harry blew his whistle.

"Well that was pretty good," said Harry. "But we've overrun, we'd better leave it here. Same time, same place next week?" he asked.

They began to discuss the next meeting, no one wanted to wait another week to practice more. I wasn't listening as usual. Then everyone began to leave.

I grabbed my bag and hurried over to Harry, Ron and Hermione.

"That was really, really good, Harry," said Hermione.

"Yeah it was!" Ron said enthusiastically as we slipped out the door. "Did you see me disarm Hermione Harry?"

"Only once!" Hermione said, stung. They then began to argue.

"Harry, that was so much fun! goodnight!" I said, giving him a kiss on the cheek. I turned to the staircase leading to the Ravenclaw towers. "Oh," I said, turning around.

"Yeah?" Harry asked, stopping to face me.

"Tell them to stop being so immature and just admit they fancy each other. We're all getting sick of the 'old married couple' fighting."

He grinned and waved goodnight to me as I turned and went up the stairs to bed.