vi. t h e h o g s h e a d

"So, did he agree to it yet?" I asked Hermione eagerly, sitting down for breakfast a couple weeks later.

Hermione nodded happily.

"We're meeting in the Hogs Head when we go to Hogsmeade this weekend. I've told a few people, so we're all going to meet there to discuss everything" she whispered across the table. 

"I knew he would agree to it. Harry loves to save the world doesn't he? Now he can teach us all to help him. "I grinned at harry.

"Yeah he does, doesn't he" Hermione laughed.  "Do you want to invite your friends?  Your brother is coming and I'm surprised he hasn't told all of Gryffindor yet. What about Luna? Would she be interested?"

"Yeah I think she would, I'll go ask her now" I started to stand up "Wait,  aren't you worried someone will snitch?" I whispered.

"Don't worry, I've got everything figured out," Hermione said mischievously.

I shot her a suspicious look as I got up and went over to Luna at the Ravenclaw table.

'Hey," I said as I sat down next to Luna. 

"Good morning Venus, would you like this month's quibbler?" she asked.

"Of course" I smiled.  "Luna," I whispered. "Harry is going to teach us defense against the dark arts, since Umbridge isn't teaching us anything. We're meeting at the Hog's Head, do you want to come?"

"Alright," she smiled. "That sounds fun. It'll be like having friends" she looked up dreamily before returning to the quibbler.

I couldn't help but smile to myself. She was just so adorable.  Get a grip Venus, Luna is your best friend.

On the day of the Hogsmeade trip Luna and I walked arm in arm to the hogs head together to meet the others. The pub was filthy, but it was more deserted than the three broomsticks.

When we got there we found Harry, Ron and Hermione waiting for us.  The door opened and a group of students entered the pub. First came Neville with Dean and Lavender, Parvati and Padma Patil, Cho Chang and another obnoxious Ravenclaw girl named Marietta. Then Katie Bell, Alicia Spinnet, Angelina Johnson, the Creevey brothers, Ernie Macmillan, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Hannah Abbott, a Hufflepuff, who's name i think is Susan Bones, Anthony Goldstein,  and, to my disgust, Michael Corner, Terry Boot, Ginny, some random Hufflepuff, and lastly, Fred, George, and Leo. 

I watched Leo wave at Alicia and laughed. He was so obvious it was embarrassing!

Fred ordered twenty-five butterbeers and said "Cough up, everyone, I haven't got enough gold for all of these."

After everyone pulled up a chair, Hermione spoke.

"Er" she stuttered, her voice higher than normal. "Well-er-hi."

The group moved their eyes from Harry to Hermione, glancing back at harry.

"Well...erm...well, you know why you're here. Erm... well, Harry had the idea— I mean," Harry threw her a sharp look. "I had the idea- that it might be a good idea if people who wanted to study defense against the dark arts- and I mean really study it, you know, not the rubbish that Umbridge has been doing with us because nobody could call that defense against the dark arts-" ("hear, hear" said anthony goldstein) "well I thought it would be good if we, well, took matters into our own hands." she paused and looked sideways at Harry "and by that I mean learning how to defend ourselves properly, not just in theory but doing the spells-"

"You want to pass your defense against the dark arts O.W.L. too, though, I bet?" said michael corner.

"Of course I do. But more than that, I want to be properly trained in defense because... because..." she took a great breath before she finished. "Because Lord Voldemort is back."