TWO - LISTENING SKILLS

THE FOLLOWING DAY, KEIKO HAD KUROO LAST PERIOD. SHE WALKED to the class conversing with kenma as he teased her about her little crush.

"you know, if you find him that hot, just ask him out." kenma looked at her sleazily, a faint smirk on his lips.  she elbowed him and scoffed.

"no!  that's just weird, he's my teacher.  besides, ko.  why ask someone out when i have you?"

"we're gaming buddies.  i am not kissing you when you need love." he rolled his eyes as her face turned red, both walking into the classroom before the bell rang.

not too many people were there yet.  her eyes wandered to the front, grabbing kenma's wrist.  he sent a deathly glare her way as she gripped his skin.

"he wore red." kenma looked at kuroo, laughing a bit.

"someone's got the hots for you." she rolled her eyes and shoved him away, heading to the front of the room.

she sat down and acted like she was paying him no mind, noticing the people who were seated next to her yesterday were seated behind her.

she looked around the table making sure nothing was wrong with it, raising an eyebrow. 

the bell rang and everyone else scattered in finding seats, no one else sitting with her.  she furrowed her eyebrows.  was something wrong with her?  the table?  did she smell?  were those people sick?

her heart ached at the thought of people around her being sick.

"good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, and also my non binary students." some mumbled a good afternoon, most just stood quiet, like keiko.

she had the same black mask on covering the bottom half of her face.  his eyes caught onto her, raising his eyebrows sending a smirk her way.  she took note of this, cheeks reddening by the second.

"today i have 2 separate assignments.  one for our newer students, the other for our regulars.  we only have a few new students, so i'd like the new students to come see me at my desk for a short moment." he sat in his chair, everyone getting up and heading to his desk.

keiko stood slowly, walking over to the desk but keeping a distance from everyone.  kuroo looked at her, showing a kind smile.  "i can explain it to you separately, so you don't have to be near anyone, alright?"

taken aback she nodded slowly, sitting back in her seat.  she watched as he explained to the new students, all of them returning to their seat after a moment.

his eyes locked onto hers, making her look away as he walked to her with a pen in his hand. 

"good afternoon, little miss." he leaned a hand on the table in front of her.  she payed attention to the way his veins bulged as he put most of his weight onto his arm. 

her eyes looked into his, her fingers hooking  onto the loop behind her ear, pulling the mask off. she flashed him a bright smile, speaking sweetly, "you have great listening skills."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

as the school day ended, everyone packed up as the bell rang.  alex grabbed her bag, waiting for the crowd to die down.  kuroo looked at her, walking over softly before she left.

"hey," he started, sitting on the table.  "how old are you again?"

she pulled her mask down below her chin, licking her plump lips gently,  "20, and you?"

"i just so happen to be 26, that's not too bad, hm?"

"you're practically dying, you're old already." her eyes rolled in a flirty way as she leaned against the table also. blush crept up his neck and swept onto his cheeks turning him pink. he looked away, chuckling.  "i really like the red on you professor."

"i'm glad you do." he flashed a charming smile, watching the way she tucked her hair behind her hair. "you're nothing like your brother, besides the germs."

"me and omi are really similar, actually. i'm just mouthier." she flashed a quick smile, slinging her bag over her shoulders. he looked around before looking back to her and speaking softly,

"are you free anytime soon?"

"yeah, i'm always free." he chuckled at her blatant attitude and nodded before handing her a sticky note.

"call me, alright?" her eyes flickered over the numbers before her cheeks turned bright red, clearing her throat and putting her mask back on.

"don't you think that's unprofessional of you, professor tetsuro?" she teased him clear as day, trying to pick and pry at him. he adjusted his tie and looked at her with a lousy grin.

"i mean," he looked off to the side, noticing no one in the classroom. "i would ask if you were free now but i think that's a little too soon."

she chuckled and pushed her seat in. "if you're thinking of doing what i think you want, then it's a no. you're attractive but i've known you for 2 days and my body is not something i just hand ou-"

"hey hey." he put his hands up in defense. "i wasn't thinking about doing anything sexual with you, just getting a bite to eat or something. dirty minded much?"

her whole face turned red at her sudden embarrassment, making her clear her throat and turn the other way. "i have to go, ko wants to game tonight and i've got stuff to finish before hand."

"do me a favor and wear a dress tomorrow, yeah? you'll make your good old professor happy. wouldn't you want that?" he smirked widely at her, knowing he was pressing her buttons.

"in your dreams, sir."