SEVEN - UNWANTED NAPS

KEIKO'S PHONE BUZZED, MAKING HER WYES FLICKER OPEN.  SHE
groaned quietly and rubbed her head.  she looked at her phone and checked the time, realizing it was 2 am.  she jolted upright quickly with wide eyes.

she had 33 missed messages from kuroo and 15 missed calls.  she gasped lightly, eyebrows creasing.  guilt washed over her immediately.

she read through the message with an overwhelming feeling of guilt.  she didn't even mean to sleep that long.

prof. kuroo <3 | 4:00 PM
hey, u excited? :)
can't wait to see you tonight.
making sure to wear red lol

6:30 PM

hey! i'm leaving now, i should get there around 7
be ready >:D
also, ur gonna lose ur shit when u see my outfit ;)

7:02 PM

i'm outside
make sure omi-kun doesn't bite my head off

7:10 PM

hey
u gonna come out?
i beeped and everything
is your phone dead or something
i'll wait longer, i know how u girls r with the makeup n stuff 🙄

7:20 PM

hello??
i didn't even get here late
well i was late by 2 minutes but cmon
i'm giving it until 7:30 then i'm just gonna go, i don't want your brother to come say something

8:07 PM

i waited until 745 and u still didn't answer nor did u come out
what the fuck keiko, i made reservations for us and everything
i was gonna do something special, and i even got dressed up all nice
can you at least have the common decency to answer me???

8:49 PM

can you tell me if i did something, please?
you looked fine when you left this afternoon
what made you change your mind all of a sudden?
please answer :(

10:11 PM

ok i don't usually say this to people because i don't like sounding like a total dick but you're seriously fucked up for standing me up.
and you won't even reply.
i get if you were busy but for 1, you could've shot me a text before.
and 2, you could've texted me in between saying you wouldn't be able to make it so i wouldn't of had to drive over there, get ready, make reservations, etc.
it wasn't a free reservation either

12:01 AM

have a good one, sakusa.
i see the sakusa bloodline carries on from one to another.

"fuck!" keiko's hands gripped her head quickly, leaning back.  "i didn't even mean to fall asleep." she picked her phone up once more and dialed his number.

it rung and rung, going to voicemail before it should've.

he was still awake.

she sighed and pulled the phone away from her ear before the beep, hanging up.  she looked around her dark room, ruminating on the situation.

she called again, feeling awful.  she listened to the rings, body going numb once it stopped, the line going quiet.

"you've reached tetsuro kuroo, please give your name and state why you stood me up." keiko frowned and shook her head, looking out the window.

"kuroo, i-"

"i think your brother was right.  student teacher is the only relationship we need."

"w-  you talked to omi??  kur-"

"of course i did.  i swung back by your house at about 9 to see if you were okay.  he told me you hadn't came out of your room all day.  i figured you were too busy with kenma or some other dude."

"ku-"

"o-"

"can you listen to me?!" her voice cracked, face reddening. keiko fell back on the bed, hand rubbing harshly over her face. "i fell asleep, okay? i didn't mean to. i was trying to finish the worksheet and i fell asleep. i didn't mean to leave you empty handed kuroo, i just-"

"professor tetsuro." he spoke sternly, keiko's eyebrows furrowing.

"really?? i just explained to you what happened! what else do you want from me?! it's not my fault you wanted to go on some stupid date and i'm so overworked with everything i fell asleep!! i told you i had a bad day, did you not take that into consideration?! or maybe, just maybe, when someone doesn't answer for so many hours, they're sleeping?! ever think of that, mr. know-it-all?!"

kuroo stared at his wall, biting on his bottom lip. he tugged on his hair, eyes stinging. "i'll see you in class, ms. sakusa."

"kuroo-!"

kuroo hung up the call before she added more fuel to the fire. he looked down with his head in his hands. "is this really my fault? why didn't i think she was sleeping..?"

keiko rubbed her face. she grabbed her pillow and dug her face into, squeezing it with all of her might. she laid there for awhile, anger slowly releasing.

she felt horrible. well, for one, she stood him up, then proceeded to yell at him like a 2 year old. she felt like a piece of shit. but, what did he mean her brother told him they should keep it as a student teacher relationship? did kiyoomi hate her that much?

her phone rung, making her groan again. she picked it up, reading kenma's name and quickly answering.

"bestie, what the fuck." he stared at her with wide eyes. she shook her head, laying it on top of her arm.

"what's wrong now?"

"kuroo called me, that's what."

"oh what now?? you're going to get on top of me now because i missed my date with him?! it was an accident!"

"first off, calm the fuck down." kenma snapped at her quickly. "he called me crying, i don't get why he's crying and saying all these things if you only stood him up."

keiko looked at the screen quickly, eyebrows raising as her mouth opened a bit. she swallowed hard, looking away.

"look. i accidently fell asleep when i got home and didn't wake up until like, 35 minutes ago. he had spammed me and i never answered, so he thought i must've hated him. i didn't mean to fall asleep, and to make it worse, when i called him back, i yelled at him and just made it worse."

kenma blinked wide-eyed at her. "so basically, you yelled at him because you stood him up..?" keiko nodded, burying her face back into her pillow. "well, i don't mean to make you feel worse but uhhhh.. when he called crying, he was saying how he doesn't belong in relationships and he wasn't going to try to find love for awhile."

"he said that??" keiko looked up some with a shocked face. kenma nodded slowly.

"bestie, i think you fucked up."