EIGHT - UN-NEEDED

KEIKO WALKED INTO CLASS THE NEXT DAY TIRED. SHE HADN'T FELL
asleep after she woke up at 2 am. it was a rough night. she sat at her table, putting her head in her hands.

she felt awful. she didn't even want to be there because of how awful she felt, barely able to spare him a look.

"good morning everyone." he spoke loudly, a happy look on his face. keiko looked up painfully, noticing his expression. she raised an eyebrow, confused. "computers out, we're doing a kahoot."

everyone made excited noises, besides keiko, who was too worried about kuroo and why he was so happy. she dug in her bag, pulling out a computer and her paper she owed him.

she stood warily, walking over to his desk. he watched her, noticing what paper she was holding. "sorry, keiko. not accepting those anymore."

her jaw dropped a bit, completely upset. "but you told me i could make it up? i don't understand, sir, i-"

"yeah, that was before i knew your circumstance. go sit down, i'm not accepting it." she stared at him for a moment, eyes filling with tears in anger.

"this is 30% of my grade!" she slammed the paper onto his desk, putting her hand on it. "do you know how long this took me to do?!"

"mrs. sakusa, have a seat already. i am not going to sit here and argue with you over something you should've been paying attention to finish."

she took the paper, going back to her seat, now crying. everyone was watching quietly, a few girls giggling at her.

she rested her head on the table, shaking in frustration. she sniffled every now and then, kuroo looking at her.

"are you going to join the kahoot or are you just not going to participate, again?"

she kept quiet, taking a deep breath. "if you are going to yell at me and then get upset with your own mistake, you're more than free to leave my classroom. you're being a baby, keiko. quit crying and play the game."

she kept her head on the desk, still shaking. her heart pounded, hands and face going numb. 'this is all your fault, keiko. everyone staring at you. they're laughing at how stupid you are. maybe if you payed attention more often you wouldn't be in this predicament.'

her tears kept pouring, foot tapping faster and faster. she pulled her phone out under the table, texting kenma.

"put the phone away." kuroo raised his voice a bit, growing all too stern with her. kenma checked his phone and noticed the text.

gamer bitch

i'm having a panic attack

just walk out and go to the nurse, he's being a dick rn tbh

keiko shakily stood, ignoring kuroo's words and making her way to the door.

"if you leave, don't come back." he sat in his chair, starting the kahoot. she slammed the door shut, racing down the hall sobbing.

kenma was ticked off at this point. he was pissed with both of them equally, but keiko going into a panic attack was the breaking point.

"kuroo you're being a complete dick." kenma spoke up, shaking his head. kuroo looked with a raised eyebrow, everyone ooing.

"what? she wasn't listening to me or anything i was saying in general. i'm not going to be disrespected and give her respect."

"yeah well, i'm sure you'll be getting a call from administration soon.." kenma mumbled quietly, continuing on with the game.

after awhile keiko was able to calm down. she sat in the nurse's office, taking deep breaths. as class dismissed, tetsuro's phone rung.

he took the call, hanging up after a moment. kiyoomi walked in, hands in his pockets. kuroo looked up, frowning.

"what can i help you with sakusa?"

"explain to me why my sister was in the nurse's office a good portion of your class due to a panic attack?"

"dunno." kuroo shrugged, looking back down at his papers. sakusa took a deep breath.

"listen, man. i get you're upset she stood you up, but i told you she was sleeping. i wasn't gonna wake her up. you shouldn't of gotten mad at her and maybe she wouldn't of yelled at you last ni-"

"wait, how do you know all of this??"

"i heard the conversation, obviously. she was yelling at 2 am, i was going to be curious." sakusa moved closer, clenching his fists in his pockets. "next time you make my little sister have a panic attack to the point where she can't breathe, i'm not going to be so nice."

"yeah, sure." omi scoffed and shook his head, leaving the classroom.