Money- Hawk

//Hawk brings something for you//

//Y/N's POV//

It was too easy. Hawk was at the car wash, while you were in the hospital. You'd gotten hurt during the last fight between Miyagi-Do and Cobra Kai, so you were stuck in the hospital for a few days. And Hawk only felt worse about it everyday, he felt so guilty and he felt like he couldn't do anything. Then the car wash came up for Miguel, but really, Hawk agreed to it to help you. For some reason, Sam left Hawk with the money, seeming to trust him since he was closest to Miguel.

His shirt was off and he had some shorts on, a bandana tied around his head as he was counting the cash while people were still washing cars. Someone really should've kept an eye on him, but no one did. His intentions were good, but it wasn't a good idea.

He pretended to check his phone, acting like he got an urgent message. He ran over to Sam and Moon, making sure the people working it would know he was leaving.

"Hey, Y/N just texted me. Nerves about the surgery. I gotta go. See ya!" He spoke, soon running to the hospital and making it to your room, he'd been there every minute he could, so it didn't really surprise you when he came.

"Let me guess. Got out early to come and see me?" You teased, folding your arms as he felt guilty just looking at your injuries. Bandages were wrapped around your head, some on your ribs, on your upper arm and your leg still felt sore. He sat on the edge of the bed, smirking as he knew you knew him too well.

"Why do I even bother telling you? You already know my entire day, and you weren't there for any of it." He spoke, chuckling as he pulled off his bandana, not wanting to look at you. Hawk felt like a failure. He couldn't protect you. If he couldn't protect you, who could he protect? He felt like he couldn't keep anyone. You sighed, leaning forward and resting your hand on his cheek, making him look at you.

"Hey...what's going on?" You asked softly, watching as Hawk moved his hand on top of yours, giving you a sad smile. He let out a sigh, feeling tears well up in his eyes.

"I'm a failure, that's what's going on. I couldn't protect you. I promised you I would, and now you have to go into surgery because I couldn't do my one job." He spoke as tears fell down his cheeks, Hawk roughly wiping them away as you gently tugged his wrist, moving over as he scooted closer to you. He rested his head on your shoulder, your arm slowly wrapping around him as he calmed down.

"Eli..this is not your fault. People were ganging up on you too, you can't expect to do everything. So you couldn't stop a punch one time? That doesn't mean you're any less of an amazing boyfriend. You're sweet, kind, caring, loyal and trustworthy. That's all I could ask for." You spoke, moving up to press a gentle kiss to his forehead, cupping his cheek as he nervously chuckled. You were really surprised he didn't mention to not call him Eli, so you kept going with it.

"Yeah..about that..." He spoke, noticing your parental 'what did you do' stare already on him. Hawk sighed before pulling money out of his basketball shorts. $150 dollars was in his hands, and soon, in yours. You could only gasp, pushing your hair back as you looked to your boyfriend.

"Where-Where did you get this?" You deadpanned, counting the money and making sure it was real. He wouldn't look you in the eyes, and you knew you weren't gonna like the answer.

"Eli..." You spoke, knowing that this wasn't gonna be a good answer. It came out almost like word vomit, he said it so fast, you could barely keep up.

"Look, alright. You needed the money for your surgery, and I needed to make it up to you for not protecting you. So..I kinda stole it from the car wash for Miguel..B-But I swear I left three quarters of the money! I just..." He sighed, looking you in the eyes as you could see how apologetic he looked, and you couldn't stay blazing mad at him.

"I just needed to make things right. I messed things up so bad with that fight, I had to make it up to you. You were so battered after the fight, it killed me Y/N. Seeing you like that. I can't have that happen again. And you need to get better, so I took the money. Please don't be mad." He spoke, and you could only sigh, pressing a gentle and loving kiss to Hawk's lips, wrapping your arms around his neck as his hands were gently set on your hips.

"Honey, your intentions were sweet, and I love you for that..but what you did was wrong. I get that you wanna help, and I can't thank you enough for how great you've been throughout this whole process. You've been my rock while I've been stuck in here, and I know you feel guilty. But...you have to give the money back. It's not right, and I'm not going to accept money that was supposed to be Miguel's. Plus, his surgery is more expensive anyways. I love you, Eli, I do. But you can't steal, no matter how good your intentions." You spoke as you cupped his cheeks, he bowed his head as he nodded, soon hiding in your neck as he hugged you. There was no way he could face you. And there was no way anyone was going to get away with calling him Eli, except for you.

"Promise me you'll give it back?" You spoke as you pulled away from the hug, holding out your pinkie as he smirked, wrapping his pinkie around yours.

"I promise, hot stuff." He spoke, making you laugh as he pressed his lips to yours, giving you a better feeling that no amount of money could pay for.

//1036 words!! This is my second 1k+ oneshot! Let me know what you think! I really like this! I hope you do too!//