Chapter Ten

"Rise and shine, ursine!"

I opened my eyes and saw Pico hovering next to me.

"I swear I heard that before-" I rubbed my chin.

"Never mind that- Today is the day!" Pico exclaimed.

"I don't see what's so special about stealing." I shook my head.

"Saves money in my opinion. The government isn't going to take my money. Besides- You'll be losing your thief virginity!" He smiled.

"T-thief virginity..? What the hell is that-" I felt incredibly confused.

"Well... That's what I call it!" Pico said confidently.

"Yeah... Not surprised that you're the only one to call it that-" I looked over to the side.

"Anyway- We should get ready!" Pico was very hyper.

I look across the room for my clothes but I couldn't find them anywhere.

"You look quite tense. Is something bothering you?" Pico asked.

"Have you seen my clothes anywhere?" I say while looking in the closet.

"Our clothes are at the laundromat. They began to smell so... Yeah." Pico shrugged and pulled out two outfits we could wear.

The two outfits were almost identical, Pico's outfit consisted of a black sweatshirt and gray sweatpants.

"I thought since we'll be stealing we should wear looser clothing." Pico said.

"I suppose that's smart-" Before I could finish my sentence I noticed something felt off.

I felt my hair. Usually I wear a hat but it wasn't on my head. I felt... naked. I wear the hat to hide my blue hair because I sort of regret dying it. Now I can't hide it- Or.. Can I?

"Where's my hat??" I started feeling the top of my head. I made a hat-like shape with my hands.

"At the laundromat? I just said our clothes are getting washed." Pico replied.

"I need my hat though... I need to hide my insecurities-" I sighed.

"Insecurities?" Pico looked me up and down.

"Also known as my hair-" I pointed at my blue hair.

"You don't need your hat- Just... Uh, wear this." Pico handed me a gray sweatshirt.

"All you need to do is just wear the hood and no one will see your hair." Pico nodded.

I put on the sweatshirt and looked in the mirror.

I think it were a little too big for me but at least my hair was unnoticeable.

"This'll do!" I exclaimed.

"Good- Let's go then." Pico grabbed my hand.

We walked downstairs then outside.
As we were crossing the street I noticed a few houses a few inches down were completely pixelated.

"Pico look!" I pointed over to the pixelated houses.

"What the hell- Why now?" Pico clenched his fist in the air.

"What do you mean?" I look up at him.

"I think the neighborhood is getting deleted-"
Pico sighs.

"Is that... Going to happen to your house, Pico?" I gulped.

"I don't know how to answer that." His voice sounded very cold and emotionless.

He grabbed my hand once more and continued walking.

Down another crosswalk we finally reached our destination.

Pico put his hands up in the air.

"A grocery store... Really?" I slouch.

"Don't be like that- Besides this'll be very easy for you! We all know only old people shop early in the morning." Pico pointed his finger up to me.

"I guess you have a point but- What are we even supposed to steal." I furrowed a brow.

"Breakfast items!" Pico yoinked a list out of his pocket.

"Pancake batter,bacon, and eggs." Pico read aloud from the list.

"Yuck- Bacon." I started gagging.

"What's wrong with bacon?" Pico asked.

"Nothing really it's just the animal it comes from- Pigs are a disgusting animal and they literally eat garbage." I added.

"Eh- So do humans." Pico shrugged.

He walked in the grocery store, leaving me behind.

I exasperatedly sighed and walk in too.

"This place is literally a ghost town this should be easy!" Pico rubbed his hands together.

"Let's just get this over with-" I facepalm.

We head over to the meat section, I notice a elderly woman near the eggs.

"Okay- So this is your chance. Just grab the eggs and put them in your hoodies' pocket. I'll get the bacon-" Pico said.

I walk over to the eggs but the same elderly lady is blocking the way.

"Excuse me miss, you're kind of in my way-" I twiddle my fingers.

"Sorry, dear." She moves away.

I put the eggs in my sweatshirt's pocket but out of the blue- I notice a slight tapping on my shoulder.

"Huh?" I say while turning around.

"My my- What are you doing dear?" The elderly woman points to the bulging pocket of mine.

I stood there like a statue.
I heard footsteps behind me, the person walks in front of me. Confronting the elderly woman.

"What the hell do you want? Old hag." That person were Pico.

"Is that anyway to speak to your elders..." The elderly woman muttered.

"I don't give a fuck how I'm supposed to treat my elders. You'll just end up dead anyways." Pico shrugged.

"Is that a threat?" The elderly woman clenched her bag.

I noticed she grabbed something and pointed it at Pico.
I think it was pepper-spray.

Without any words I quickly grabbed Pico's arm and run with him to the next aisle.

"I think- She was trying to pepper-spray you..." I said while trying to catch my breath.

"God this is way too much for my bladder." Pico exclaimed.

"Oh god are going to piss yourself?" I scrunched up my face.

"Wha- Of course not..." Pico blushes.

We quickly make it to the men's restroom, leaving the items we stole on a bench outside the restroom.