thirty-eight

As her thoughts came to a halt, with a smile gracing her lips Allea took out some dollar bills from her cutch, placed them on the counter along with the abstained wine glass, she stood up to leave.

Walking past her guards she gestured them to follow, her brows lowered when she spotted Aris Salvadge's security right where she left them. Although Allea surely knew where his private room was, on which floor, and room number, but she preferred the security -once again- guiding her. She was doubtful that they might not be going there as on the other side of the club, goes the west party of guests who don't like to be seen, some upper businessmen and women, politicians, actors or esteemed people around the city. Allea's skepticism didn't last long as leaving the crowd behind, she entered the familiar lavishly designed corridors, where not a single soul could be seen but she knew better, the doors she was passing held crowds of their own. They entered the secluded elevator, which took them to the third floor, as Allea stepped on it, the dimly lit floor welcomed her with its darkness and calmness, which certainly didn't look like a part of a club. The wide space in front of her only had one room, the rest was furnished as an expensively extravagant open space.

As they approached the room, opening it with a card, the security stepped aside and let Allea directly enter. While doing so, she gestured her guards to stop outside and pushed the door lightly. The moment she stepped inside -the darkness that drowned the room was replaced with a fair brightness. In an instant, her eyes roamed around the exorbitantly spacious room and it didn't take long to realize that there was no one in it.

Her face was impassive as she closed the door behind her, thinking that because she has appeared three hours late from the opening of the cub, Aris Salvadge might have left, she had no doubts; that man waits for no one. Not minding the absence of anyone, she leisurely glanced around the room, taking in its simple interior but no less valuable. A few sofas were resting in the center of the room, with a crystal chandelier hung right above it. On one wall, different shaped decorative mirrors were hung which were reflecting the whole room along with Allea in it, at the end of the wall where it meets a full floor-to-ceiling window was a considerably large bar for a room. The window meets the other wall with a double door, also the side opposite of mirrors wall had various valuable billiard balls exhibited along with other art collectives, and an antique pool table was placed in the corner.

Allea walked toward the full glass window through which whereas lights were flickering inside but the soundlessness of the room stood opposite whatever happening down there. Her gaze fell on the collection of wines displayed in the bar and halted there, with an impressive look and after few moments of studying them all, she turned her head and lowered her eyes toward the scene, she walked out a few minutes ago.

Her eyes once again traveled toward where she sat for about an hour, but now it was occupied by someone else, the gloominess she drowned that place in with her presence was replaced with the harmonious laughter of the person who sat there now. Placing her clutch on the counter, she took out her iPhone to capture something, zooming in toward the particular place, which was clear from where she was standing, she clicked the picture. When her gaze fell on the result, suddenly a smile formed on her face unlike any other time, she took her clutch purse and turned to leave.

The click-clack of her stilettos hasn't reached further when it was drowned by the creaking of the double door which opened behind her. Feeling the soundless steps that advanced inside, she paused and looked sideways over her shoulder.

Her eyes met the ones which were already on her, dressed in the darkest shade of gray three-piece suit, as always looking top-notch from head to toe with tiniest of details fully focused on his appearance, Aris Salvadge looked like walking straight out of a meeting room full of executives into the night club. Seeing his appearance, Allea might have considered the same possibility of him arriving here from a business meeting as he wasn't here in the room when she entered.