nineteen

Allea stood in front of the full-length mirror in her room, her brows lowered and face neutral, as she stared at herself from head to toe. The mirror reflected a girl dressed in a silk white bow blouse tucked in long white straight pants and a white tuxedo jacket left open- a complete white look. From past years, her dressing has been limited to only suits and light colors, she rarely has worn any dresses, so it was no surprise that she also decided to go with a suit for the party.

Her five feet ten looked exceptionally tall in straight pants enhanced by a pair of pointed white stilettos. Considering that this was also a party, she gave it a little advantage and decided to keep her shoulder-length wavy hair open with minimal makeup look -light foundation and blush, mascara, and dabbed cheery lipstick on her lips to enhance their freshness- the only jewelry she was wearing was the Rolex watch Elijah gifted on her birthday. All in all, she looked like a proper business person, sophisticated and classy.

Nodding at her reflection, she walked downstairs where both of her assistants were waiting; Ben was dressed in a navy-blue suit that looked quite good on his thirty-year-old lean, young body and his mature face. Nayla, the other assistant, was dressed in a full-length dusty rose gown that beautifully hugged her curves and complimented her beautiful black skin; although thirty-two, she looked quite gorgeous with her black hair braided and well-defined face. Though this party was not announced as an official business gathering but with the business persons from all around the world, it was perceived as one, that's why it was appropriate for Allea to bring her assistants.

Allea smiled at them and approved, "You both look good."

Her assistants' faces lit up and answered simultaneously, "You too, Boss."

Allea nodded and faced Kai, who was loafing on the sofa in the living area with an excuse of the reading book and was stealthily trying to glance at them. When he looked up, Allea was already staring at him, their gaze met, and she asked him with a raised brow, "How do I look?"

In an instant, Kai replied with a stupid grin, "White wall."

Allea didn't mind his words as if from his smile she knew he wasn't going to say something good, so she just smiled and pointed, "Don't stay awake too late, okay?" Earning a nod from him, she gestured her assistants -who have countless times witnessed this kind of interaction between their Boss and her brother, so this was not new for them-, "Let's go."

The party was being held at Nicholas Salvadge Mansion, inspired by medieval castles with a modern touch. Allea has been there only one time, precisely at this party, and she can recall never seeing a mansion pulchritudinous than that. It's considered the world's one of the finest and valued. It's situated outside the city because of how huge and grand it was, as the party was held in the hall, therefore, the rest of the mansion was not seen by anyone.

Although Allea's relation with Nicholas Salvadge has been improved to good terms in previous years, and countless times he has invited her and Kai over to have dinner. He's genuinely a kind and upright but a cunning old man, well-aware of this fact, she declined each time respectfully because she wanted only professional contact with him. They have met quite a lot through board meetings, and Nicholas Salvadge admires Allea greatly for her work, and the further success Allgaier corporation has achieved, he never forgets to mention each time after any successful project.

As they reached their destination, passing through gates and after an extended check by security, they were allowed inside. Ben was driving the car, and Nayla was seated on the passenger seat; one could see traces of nervousness and excitement on their faces as they took in the glorious mansion in front of them with wide eyes. This was their first time attending such a party, so it was expected, Allea too smiled lightly, observing the emotions shining in their eyes. But when they stepped out of the cars, like dedicated assistants, their faces turned blank and expressionless -all the excitement hid behind their professional demeanor.