thirty-nine

A man dressed in a Hawaiian shirt and white shorts, accompanied by beach slippers stepped in.

Not as bulky as the guards who followed behind him but undoubtedly his lean and tall body wasn't overshadowed by them. His long uncombed dark-brown hair moved in every direction until he pushed them off his face, revealing a quite annoyed look over his face, the unkempt beard that was growing out like small thrones gave his sharp features a rough look, hiding chiseled features underneath and giving his attractive face a vague illusion. The gaze when he raised, showed the golden tint in his amber orbs that were giving life to his piercing eyes. The way he was dressed made it quite easy to overlook his distinguished features contrasting his honey shaded skin and just dismiss him with the thought of some unruly person with no sense of suitable dressing. In a place where more than faces people focus on the brand of the tiniest thing, he appeared wearing a shirt bought from a vendor on the street.

If only they could look past their prejudice, then their consciousness may raise questions that in a club where people spend thousands to get entry how could a person wearing slippers was roaming so freely. Only if they have time to look a little close, maybe they could unravel the truth they didn't intend to, the truth that all long was in front of the worlds' eyes yet they were still struggling to find. If only they could spend their time observing a person wearing a shirt bought from a vendor, instead of someone in front of their eyes shining in the latest fancy trends.

"Why the fuck your security was stopping me to enter in m-"

The words that he uttered got swallowed, as his eyes raised toward the figure of the girl standing steps away from the man he addressed. His face changed to bewilderment, as he looked between the back of the girl and the man with dark eyes staring gravely at him. Again, he spoke, eyes darting between the two in front of him while changing his words to the full of inquiry and uncertainty at his own self, "Aris, I'm seeing a girl in a black dress, here in this room, can you see her too?"

No one answered his query, he saw the girl shaking her head lightly, whom he named as a fragment of his imagination, and not once she turned to look at the intruder.

"Fuck," Not getting the meaning behind the dark eyes that were going colder by every passing second, the man in Hawaiian shirt continued his speculations with a realization dawned face, and finally halted on an unbelievable grimace, "Is she your da-"

"Take him out."

Before he could finish, Aris Salvadge interrupted him and gestured the guards standing behind him to take the man outside but froze on the spot the moment their hands reached near the Hawaiian shirt man, the gaze he gave them was enough for them to take their place outside the room. But they didn't dare to move away and waited for the next words from the man they work for, who, with a hint of suppressed helplessness, dismissed them with a subtle wave of his hand.

"I was curious why you left the west party, Nial was waiting for you there. If only you could have told us, we wouldn't have interfered in your date," Putting an extra effort on the last words, the Hawaiian shirt man in a pretended sour tone mused, followed by a roguish smile.

Aris Salvadge responded to the man, despite his neutral tone the words he accentuated were harsh, "Three seconds to fuck off."

"Ah," The Hawaiian shirt man dramatically gripped his heart, his face making utterly bogus hurt expressions but seeing that as usual, the man did not react to it, soon a teasing smile replaced it, "How could I? I have to meet her," His finger dauntlessly pointed toward the girl behind Aris Salvadge.