twenty

The man himself -Nicholas Salvadge- was standing in the front. Sixty-five years old but there was hardly any scarcity of authority in his attitude, his tall body firm and sinewy with a little fat, wrinkles on his face were the only apparent proof of his age. At his side was his wife, dressed in a full-length gold satin maxi dress that looked artistic when paired with her husband's black tuxedo. With her brunette hair in a wavy chignon and balanced makeup, her well-maintained figure and beauty were the opposite of her age, the same as her grace and poise.

Behind them was the much-awaited man of the evening -Aris Salvadge- and his nineteen-year-old sister. Inheriting her mother's good looks, she also appeared equally beautiful and graceful, dressed in a turquoises silk knee-length dress with her brunette long finely curly hair open, and glamorous makeup illuminating her skin. Despite being such gorgeous, most eyes were trained on the man beside her, who had a stoic look on his face and an air of power and conceitedness around him.

Tallest among his family, easily could be around six inches and two, his tan clear skin contrasting the full-dark blackest suit his muscular body was dressed in. His black undercut hair slicked back, enhancing his face, strong cheekbones, and jaw with a stubble beard. A straight-edged nose leading to his lips pressed in a thin line, his prominent deep-set black eyes that showed nothing but irritation like he was aware of what annoyingness of people was waiting for him. Aris Salvadge has this kind of mysterious & fascinating aura and face that can make one halt and turn to look, then look again. Maybe, that's why he has the look of self-awareness and arrogance, because he may notice when people pause and stare at him, the change in their natural expression and pupils dilating.

This is his seemingly first public appearance and people appeared not to take their eyes away from him but not the two friends leaning carelessly against the bar counter. While laughing and enjoying the look of worship on the crowd's face as the Salvadge family descended from the stairs and stepped inside the hall.

Everyone was anxious to advance and meet them, but know they couldn't; they weren't some random people who could be approached easily. So they had to control their urges and pray to find a chance to greet them or at least be noticed somehow. Nicholas Salvadge's company was among the prime three of the world, with his son's company also on the top list, they could only imagine when both companies will merge what height they'll achieve, so they couldn't lose any chance to win favor from them and have a contact.

"Isn't that the Prince of Saudi Arabia?" Elijah asked, Allea followed his gaze and nodded, the Salvadages were meeting with royalties first.

"Besides him is, I guess, the minister of Dubai and Prince of England," Allea added offhandedly, "Quite impressive, isn't it?"

Elijah shrugged with a not-so-impressive face, "Rich people and their connections."

"Oh, look. The Princess of Spain is quite gorgeous if you may ask." Elijah didn't turn around at Allea teasing tone, so she continued, "Want me to introduce you to her?"

"First introduce yourself to them then talk about me."

"You know I don't really have etiquettes to talk to royals, I'll pass." Saying this she turned around to gesture to the bartender for her second glass of wine, that she was reluctant to drink and just to hold in hand for appearance's sake.

While Elijah was also asking for more whisky. He laughed and added, "Neither do I." His alcohol tolerance was way above average, Allea has rarely seen him drunk, he was well aware of his limits so she didn't warn him.

In their chit-chat, they lost the focus on the Salvadges and didn't realize when Nicholas Salvadge after greeting some important people, moved his gaze around the hall, looking for someone. And then he noticed her leaning indolently against the counter chatting and drinking with her one friend, utter opposite of what people's purpose was for being here. Slightly shaking his head, he moved toward her through the crowd, his family too followed, they were also confused like the crowd as to why he was walking toward the bar. Who was so important that Nicholas Salvadge was approaching them himself?