Chapter 9: An Explanation and a Duel

"Grimm..." Keqing said as Grimm looked at her with a sad smile.

"I am sorry, it is just that threats give me bad memories," Grimm said as he was about to leave but was called out by Jean.

"Stop, Grimm! You don't need to leave, and it is our fault that we didn't think about talking to you first. Can you forgive us?" Jean said as Grimm flinched.

"It meant that the reason why I was invited here was to check if I was a threat? Then if I am, I would be eliminated?" Grimm shook his head and kept his cool. Jean went silent because what he said was true.

Keqing held Grimm's hand, which got noticed by Diluc and Trent, who both smirked.

'That was fast.' Diluc and Trent thought.

"I wish you could have decided to talk to me first before trying to threaten me." Jean sighed as she rubbed her forehead.

"I am deeply sorry for making this difficult for you, Grimm. It is just that we met a person who was able to manipulate elements without a vision. We got information from Kaeya when we fought that he sensed that you also had an empty Vision." Jean said as she looked at Albedo, who lowered his weapon.

"I am Albedo, you should know about me, but I am the Kreideprinz, Chief Alchemist of the Favonius Knights. I was in the stands watching you fight and saw that Kaeya was wrong about you. I sensed that you had an unstable amount of elemental energy accumulating inside you, and I wondered how you were alive..." Albedo said as he narrowed his eyes on Grimm.

'This is the person that Hu Tao talked about?' Grimm thought as he kept silent.

"When your hair turned red, though, all that unstable energy suddenly went away and was replaced by a huge surge of Pyro energy." Grimm raised an eyebrow on Albedo's research and looked at him in slight respect.

'So this is an example of a master alchemist.' Albedo bowed in front of Grimm as he said that.

"I am sorry about my student. May her punishment be bestowed upon me for her wrongs." Albedo said as Grimm stared at him. Grimm shook his head and decided to make the room more positive.

"No worries..." Grimm said as his eyes turned sky green along with his hair and scythe.

"...just don't do it again." He said as the papers that were on Jean's table flew towards him. Jean couldn't react fast due to the surprise of Grimm changing colors.

"I am guessing you used Anemo energy then?" Albedo said as he stared at Grimm, who nodded.

"I basically have all the elements in control, but I can only use one at a time..." Grimm said as Albedo narrowed his eyes at him. Grimm stared back as Albedo's eyes widened and nodded in understanding.

'...what was that?' The others thought as Albedo chuckled before patting Lisa on the shoulder.

"Relax, Lisa." Lisa took a deep breath and exhaled as her body slowly relaxed.

"I see you have more secrets that you won't reveal. I understand then..." Albedo had a small smile as he equipped his sword and pointed it at Grimm who knew what was coming.

"Now, you don't mind showing us a more detailed explanation, with a duel?" Albedo said as the room became quiet. Grimm contemplated his choices.

"Ok, after this 'duel', we immediately talk about the problem at hand." Grimm narrowed his eyes as he saw Albedo looking at him with a small smile.

"You won't mind an audience, right?" Albedo said as Grimm sighed and rubbed his head. Keqing glared at the alchemist who ignored the stare.

"Fine..."

My Sword and Shadow (A Genshin Impact Fanfic OC X Keqing)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara