Chapter 1: A Tournament

In the world of Teyvat...

A purple-haired girl was checking out some ruins in the outskirts of Liyue. She had a small booklet in her hand and had a pen of some sort on the other.

"This will get me closer to the history of Rex Lapis and Liyue." She said as the booklet and pen on her hand disappeared into light particles. She then heard a couple of sounds from behind her and sighed.

"You hilichurls again?" She let her hand out and a sword materialized.

She is Keqing, a citizen of Liyue. She knows all the locations located all around Liyue and she does keep her philosophy on 'Someone must walk on the front line of the epoch and forge a new path with their own hands'.

She used her skill Stellar Restoration on one of the hilichurls. The one who got hit shrugged it off. The others approached Keqing and attacked.

Suddenly, she disappeared from her spot.

The hilichurls looked around to see her killing one of them. She stabbed it right through the chest as it turned into dust.

"With sword, comes shadow!"

She dashed again and there were 5 afterimages of her made of electricity. The hilichurls were frozen as Keqing smiled and slashed once more, making all the hilichurls turn into dust.

"I need to get back to Liyue. What did Xiangling say again?" Keqing asked herself trying to remember what her friend said.

'Come on! There is this tournament held in the new arena and I want to join. If we win, we get a lot of money, meaning, I can cook anything I want!' The voice of Xiangling went through her head as she chuckled.

"You always loved food, Xiangling," Keqing said as she walked towards Liyue.

She remembered arguing with Xiangling but she lost because when it comes to anything related to food, Xiangling always wins.

Keqing shook her head with a smile and started to sprint towards Liyue. She would be there in no time at all since she knows her way in Liyue and that she knows it like it was a part of her life and childhood, which it is.

She stopped sprinting when she saw a familiar girl waving at her.

"Keqing, over here!"

It was Xiangling.

"Xiangling!" Keqing said as they both ran to each other and gave both a hug. They laughed together as they talked about Xiangling's invite.

"I thought you were in Mondstadt," Keqing said. She was sure that Xianling was still checking out the food there.

"I was, but I decided to return because I heard that there was a competition here and whoever wins gets 400k Mora each. With that much money, I can buy any food I want and make more!" Xiangling said. Keqing saw her drooling a bit which made her sigh.

"You and your food..." Xiangling sheepishly smiles at her comment. Keqing then went nearer to Xiangling and whispered something.

"Why is Beidou, the leader of Crux, doing here?" Keqing whispered as she looked at the woman who was staring at them.

"Oh, did I forget to tell you that we needed 4 participants to actually be apart of the tournament?" Xiangling said while tilting her head and hitting the top of it in a comedic way.

"Is something the matter?" The woman known as Beidou asked. Keqing and Xiangling regained their composure.

"N-nothing, Ms. Beidou." Beidou only laughed at the stuttering Xiangling confusing both of them.