Chapter 3: Cat-like Tendencies...

Xiangling and Grimm were walking down the streets.

The people were looking at Grimm weirdly with the men growling in anger. Xiangling noticed this fact as she giggled to herself then looked at the position Grimm had.

Keqing had her arms wrapped around Grimm's neck as she slept. Grimm wasn't affected by the stairs as he only focused on bringing Keqing to Xianling's place.

(No, our protagonist ain't dense, he just doesn't know a thing about romance but soon, he will. He also isn't calm and collected all the time.)

Xiangling just looked at Grimm and Keqing as an image popped into her mind.

Keqing had cat ears and a tail as she slept soundly in Grimm's arms.

Xiangling had a small nosebleed but quickly stopped it with a small towel she had. She nodded to herself and promised to buy something for her.

Xiangling blinked when she saw something twitch on Keqing's head. She quickly shook it off and told herself that she was just seeing things.

...or was she?

They kept walking but Grimm was getting a bit uncomfortable from the stares.

Then something unexpected happened.

Keqing mumbled something as she faced Grimm's chest. Xiangling gasped and prayed to her god that she wouldn't wake up. She only blinked when Keqing rubbed her head towards Grimm, like a cat. Grimm only blinked in surprise and relief that she didn't wake up.

Xiangling and the males who were watching had their jaws dropped in shock. Xiangling had a small nosebleed again as she thought of something.

Grimm was sitting on a chair while Keqing got on all fours and said...

"Nya~."

Xiangling quickly covered her nose with her towel as Grimm shivered feeling something weird.

'Why did I feel like I was getting put into a weird situation?' Grimm thought.

Grimm shook his head as Keqing stopped rubbing her head against him and quietly fell asleep.

One male was about to shout at him but felt a chill down his spine as he looked at Grimm. There was a shadow looming over Grimm and he stopped his shouting.

Grimm knew he was going to shout so he just used some of the intent that he shows hilichurls when he is fighting. He didn't want to wake Keqing up or it would cause a lot of problems because he somewhat knows that he is still wary of him.

They kept walking and finally reached Xiangling's place.

"This is where I live AND work. Pretty neat, right?" Xiangling said quietly. Grimm only nodded and looked at Keqing who was still sleeping and had her arms around his neck.

Xiangling saw this then quickly told Grimm to follow her. They found stairs at the side of the building. As they were about to enter...

"Meow." They heard a sound.

Xiangling quickly looked at Keqing who was sleeping silently. She sighed in relief when she saw a white cat nudging its head on Grimm's feet. She looked at Grimm who answered.

"She is mine." He said gesturing to the cat on his leg. Xiangling nodded as she told him to tell his cat not to make a mess and not touch the supplies. Grimm nodded then looked at the cat straight in the eyes. Xiangling saw the cat just nodded.

'Did I see him try to talk to a cat?' Xiangling said as she shook her head and pointed Grimm to a room. Grimm carried Keqing to the room with his cat, Snow, following him.