Chapter 3

Tae-

I thought it'll be a tiring day, and it's proving to be one.
Mom needs an employee very urgently.
The moment I woke up today, she was constantly behind me, to help her find an employee.
"Tae, I need an employee..."
"Mom I'll find you one. Calm down. OK tell me the qualifications you need in your employee." I said typing in my laptop.
"OK first of all, it must be a girl."
"Why?" I asked cutting her off in the mid of her sentence.
"Because girls do handle everything with utmost care, and they're very gentle. Don't you know that women are employed for picking tea leaves? It is because of the same reason. And you guys, so harsh on everything." She completed her statement with an indescribable look on her face.
"Fine mom, as you wish. What more?"
"She should have enough knowledge about flowers, their types, which flowers look good together in s bouquet, and some things like this. And also, there is no worry about salary, my employees never had a complaint about salary, so mention that as well. And, she should have a very pleasing personality, which will attract more and more customers, she should be lively like the flowers."
"And?"
"This much for now, we'll see more later. Now go get ready."
"For what mom?"
"Because you're also coming with me to my shop today, otherwise who's gonna help me."
"But mom, I'm not on leave, I have a work to complete."
"One day won't matter I guess, if I'll get an employee today then you'll be free from tomorrow. Oh, in that list of yours, write that those who are interested have to come to our shop, and put the address. Now get ready quickly darling. I'm waiting for you."
"OK mom."
I, unwillingly, stood up to have a bath, but before that, I uploaded the requirements, as mom told me.

?? -

I was sitting in front of my laptop, when a notification popped up. On looking closely, I found out that it was him.
Oh, so they need a florist. Well, I'll become one for them, for him.
I smirked, and quickly got up to get ready.
I called dad.
"Dad, I'll get going, they need a florist for their shop. So I'll begin from there."
"All the best dear, be safe and careful. Love you."
"Love you too dad."

Tae -

We reached mom's shop, and she turned the board which showed the outsiders that the shop is open now. She started arranging the freshly delivered flowers, ever so gently, like they were her children. I couldn't help but keep looking at her.
She is so damn amazing.
She managed to take care of the company, me, and then, she opened this shop too, and then also, manages everything so perfectly.
She's the person I admire the most.

"Tae?" She broke my trance, and I came back to my senses.
"Yes mom."
"Baby I was calling you, but you were completely zoned out. What were you thinking about?"
"You. I was thinking about you. You're so amazing mom. I love you." I said and hugged her.
"Aww, I love you too son. Now stop buttering me, and get to work." She said, completely ruining our sweet moment.
I got up, and sat on the counter, waiting for the customers. And also, aspirants of this job. I hope mom gets one today, otherwise she'll tag me along everyday.

Time skip to noon

It's already mid-day, and till now, mom didn't like any of the girls, who came in for the job. I don't know what mom actually wants. The girls, according to me, had a good knowledge about flowers and all, but mom is looking for something more than this kind of knowledge. I just hope she gets what she wants.
And I must say she is so damn good in handling the customers. This time, there were around 16 customers together in the shop, but mom, she managed them so easily, as if it's a piece of cake for her.
If I were there in her place, I could have never done it.

While I was in my thoughts, the bell at the entrance chimed, signalling someone's arrival.
I turned to look at the person, and, she was a girl.
She was a pretty girl. Her eyes are deep brown, set perfectly on an oval shaped face. Her nose is quite high, higher than usual, and she has pretty lips, with a well defined cupid bow. Her hair are open, flowing up to her waist, or maybe lower. They're also brown, and a little wavy. And, she's very troubled by them right now, because they're coming on her face due to soft breeze. She's wearing a yellow sundress, which is suiting her fair complexion.
As she is approaching me, I see she has a nice height, shorter than me but good for a girl.
Right now, she is standing in front of me, ready to speak.
"Hello, I'm Ava, I'm looking for Mrs. Kim."
"Are you here for the job?"
"Yeah."
"Right, I'll call her right away, by the way, I'm her son, Taehyung." I said, holding out my hand.
She put her hand in mine, and I could feel it's very soft.
"Nice to meet you Taehyung."
"Same here. I'll just call her, excuse me."
I went to call my mom, and on my way, I looked towards my hand, and smiled, but then, recomposed myself.

My mom came, and they both greeted each other. Ava is quite mannered, and kind of sophisticated.

My mom kept asking her questions, and she kept answering them.
Well, she has good knowledge too, but let's see what my mom decides.

"So my final question, what do you like the most about flowers?" She asked her final question, and waited for her to answer.

"Flowers are source of hope. They make you more hopeful, and more cheerful. As we see that the flowers are always lively, whatever be the surroundings, they always spread their fragrance. This shows us that we must also spread joy in the world, no matter what the conditions are. They're like medicines to the soul. These are the reasons why I  love to be with flowers."
She ended her answer, and I was in complete awe.
She has given such a beautiful answer, and so thoughtful, otherwise who thinks this much about flowers.
I looked towards my mom, and I could see a twinkle in her eyes, and I knew, that she's the one.

"Well Ava, I'm truly impressed by your thoughts. So I'm hiring you as my assistant. Welcome to your new job. You can continue from tomorrow. Good luck. I'll see you tomorrow."
"Thanks Mrs. Kim. See you tomorrow." They shook hands, and mom left.
"Congrats Ava."
"Thanks Taehyung. Now I'll get going. See you tomorrow. Bye."
"Bye."

With this, we bid farewell, and she left.
Finally, mom got the one for her, and from tomorrow, I'll be free. I'll be able to focus on my task.

This was the dress worn by her.

A/n-
Hi guys. Sorry for the late updates. Hope you're liking the story. If any mistakes, do tell me in the comments section.
Stay safe, stay healthy, stay happy.
With love-
Amelia __23