Chapter 12

When she had lost her consciousness in my lap, I couldn't help the negative thoughts coming in my mind.

I scolded myself for thinking like this. I quickly carried her frail body in my arms, and carried her to my car.

Her breathing had become a lot shallower now, almost as if she isn't breathing. Almost. She laid there, looking lifeless on the seat, her eyes closed and I couldn't help but hurry to the hospital. I could care less about the traffic rules at that time.

How can someone be so harsh on someone like her??
She is too delicate to be treated like this. I could see bruises forming on her face, and her bottom lip was split, blood that had come out of it, now dry.

Her chest was still heaving up and down, barely noticeable, but enough for me.

Why does the hospital seem so far today, godammit?!?!?!?!!?!!

When I reached the hospital, I got out hurriedly and took her inside. I instantly called out for a doctor and a stretcher to lay her on. The doctor came along with two wardboys, who brought the stretcher along with them.

I carefully laid her on it, and doctor took her to the examination room, after telling me to stay there. I could hear my heart beat in my ears, as my anxiousness increased with the ticking clock.

Why were they taking so much time?
Was she really that badly injured?
The glimpse of her blood covered face coming in my mind again and again.

As I sat in the waiting area, my leg just wouldn't stop bouncing up and down.

As my mind was busy in the racing thoughts, it was interrupted by the doctor's voice. I stood up and he gestured for me to follow him. I implied.

" So you're her friend, right?" The doctor asked me.

"Yes, my name is Kim Taehyung. What happened to her doctor? Why did it take so long in there? Is she okay?" I fired all the questions at him, as I was getting too impatient now.

"There's nothing much to worry about Taehyung. She has a concussion in her head, which may take a little more time to heal. Other than that, a hairline fracture in her left hand, her rib a little cracked, but there's no internal damage because of it. But we'll have to take care of it. She should not be sitting for a long time, otherwise it would put pressure on the rib.
And just some small cuts here and there. And the bruises would heal soon. We'll give her hot and cold treatments, which would help in healing them faster. But for her skull, we need to keep her under observation for at least a week. Come with me to my cabin, and I'll give you the prescription of medicines to get for her.
And by the way Taehyung, how did all this happen? Did she get into an accident or something?"

"She was mugged by some goons doctor. She tried to fight them, and ended up like this."
I decided against telling him the truth, because I'm a police officer and I can handle it better.

After he gave me the prescription, I was about to leave his office when a question arose in my mind.

"When will she be regain her consciousness doctor? Isn't she asleep for long enough?"

The doctor chuckled and replied, "It's because we've given her some sedatives. She'll be awake soon. Don't worry." He smiled.

"Ok, thank you Dr. Choi."
"It's alright." He smiled and busied himself in a file.

I went down to the hospital pharmacy to get the medicines he told me to get.

After getting those, I went to her room to keep the medicines. I entered quietly, and shut the door behind me. I went to the bedside table, and kept the bag of medicines there.

She was still asleep. I sat down on the chair beside her bed, and looked at her serene face, as she breathed uniformly. Her face looked much better now, after all the cleaning.

She had a purple mark on her cheekbone, her split lip was still a bit red, but in a much better condition. Her face was relaxed, and her hand was on her chest.

I noticed her other hand that was in a cast, and was supported by a pillow beneath it. Doctor said that her rib was also broken. How much it would have pained her. I can't even come to think of it.

I took her undamaged hand in mine, and intertwined my fingers with her. I placed a kiss on her knuckles, and rested my forehead on them.

"I promise you that from now, I'll protect you. No one would be able to come near you. I won't let you get hurt Ava, never."

I placed her hand back to where it was, and just sat there, working on my phone.

The whole night passed, and I saw dawn breaking through the window. She was still asleep. I stood up and went out of her room to get some fresh air, and something to eat.

I went to the canteen and got an espresso, to help my sleep go away.

As I was going back to her room, I saw Dr. Choi walking in her room's direction.

"What happened Dr.?"

"The nurse informed me that she is starting to gain consciousness. Come."

I went in with him, and saw her awake on her bed, relief flushed through me.

The doctor went to her and asked her some questions, while the nurse was checking her vitals.

The doctor informed her that she'll have to be there for a week, told her to take care, and took his leave. I walked him to the door, and came back inside.

She looked fresh after the sleep and I was glad to see that.

After a bit of talking, she asked my help in sitting up.

I held her hand in mine, and she tried to get up, but couldn't.

"Ouch." She whimpered and laid back down.

Then I remembered about the the rib, that she couldn't take much pressure on it.

"Wait Ava, don't put much pressure on your rib. The doctor has strictly told me. I'll pull you up."

I bent down and slipped my hand under her, on her back. She seemed to stiffen for a moment before relaxing.

I could nearly hear her heart beat, and was afraid if she was able to hear mine.

Though we were in a hospital, she smelled of lavender and vanilla. I tried to find her eyes, but she wasn't looking at me.

Was she uncomfortable like this?

As I was about to ask her, she slowly looked up into my eyes, and held my gaze. My insides were tingling because of being this close to her.

I slowly and carefully pulled her up, keeping her close to my chest. When she was sitting upright, I made her lean on my shoulder as I adjusted the pillow behind her to keep her comfortable.

I pulled her apart from me, and made her rest on the pillow.

"You okay now?"
" Yeah."
"Ok so tell me, what do you want to eat? The doctor said it's important to eat on time, and take your medicines after it."

"Just get me a tomato soup. I don't have much appetite anyway."

"Ok. I'll be right back."

I went out of her room. Though I wanted to ask her about those people, I thought it's not the right time, she needs to heal.

I pushed the question to a corner of my mind, and went to the canteen.

A/n-
Hi guys.
I'm finally back.
I'm so sorry I wasn't able to update. I had exams, so I didn't get time to write.
Anyways, here's an update for my lovely readers.
Do enjoy the story, and comment how you feel about it.

Stay safe, stay happy, and keep reading.

Love-
Amelia __23