Chapter 11

It seemed as if I was unable to move. My body seemed too heavy and I couldn't move a bit.

I heard some beeping sound, and kind of understood where I was. Slowly, I opened my eyes and was met with a white ceiling. I looked around the room, and was surprised to see that it was not as boring as I had thought.

The walls were painted in peach, and there was a side table beside my bed, and a lamp stood beside it. There was a couch at some distance, maybe for the visitors to sit.

My head was still throbbing a little due to that hit. When I tried to sit up straight, I felt a sharp pain in my chest, and I lied back. I noticed my left hand was covered in a cast.

Great!!!
Now how was I supposed to do my work, since I was left handed.

I was just looking around when the door opened, and a young man clad in white came in, maybe the doctor, and along with him came, Taehyung.

The doctor was quite handsome and had a cheerful smile on his face, which seemed a little too contagious, as a little smile crept up on my face too. Taehyung seemed relaxed too on seeing me conscious.

"Hi Ms. Kim. My name is Choi Minho, and I am your doctor."

"Hello Dr. Choi."

"So Ms. Ava, how do you feel now? Any headaches or something?"

"Yeah a little throbbing at the back of my head, but other than that, I guess I'm ok." I smiled a little, to which the doctor smiled a little wider.

"That's because you're on pain killers right now. The pain may increase when their effect goes down, but there's nothing much to worry about."

"Can you tell me what all injuries I have?" I asked impatiently.

"Your left hand has a hairline fracture, one of your ribs is a little cracked too, but there are no signs of internal bleeding. But it should be taken care of. And there's a major concussion on your skull, which is the reason of your headache. And other than these, you just have these minor cuts and scratches. So take care, and be regular on medications. And you'll be fine soon."

"Can I go home today?"

"No Ms. Ava. You'll have to be admitted here for at least a week, so that we can keep you under observation and see to it that your major injuries are healing properly. After a week, when we'll be sure about your condition, we'll let you go home. Till then, you'll be staying here. And don't worry much, you'll be fine in a jiffy. So now guys, I'll take a leave. Take care."

"Thank you doctor." Taehyung said in my place and went to send the doctor till the door of my room.

God. I'm stuck at this hospital for a week now. Guess those guys were tougher than I thought. Never have I ever got injured so badly.

"So Ava, feeling good?" Taehyung said, teasingly.

"I'm feeling great in this cast, and these needles attached to me" I said pointing out the needle attached from saline bottle, "give me heavenly pleasure, wanna try it out?" I said, sarcasm dripping from every word of mine.

He laughed at my sassy reply, and I smiled too.

"You brought me here, right? Because as I remember, you were there with me."

"Yes I brought you here. You were unconscious for 11 hours. I was worried, but then the doctor told me that it's due to the sedatives they've given you. Glad that you're conscious. Do you wanna eat? Because you have to meds at proper time."

"First of all, I want to sit up. This lying position is very uncomfortable when I'm talking."

"Ok then. I'll help you."

He came near my bed, and held my right hand to help me sit. It was, as expected, painful because I had a broken rib, so it caused me to whimper.

"Oh I'm so sorry. Is it hurting?"

"Not that bad." I waved it off coolly, but he understood my pretence.

"Wait."

He slipped his hands under me as I was still lying on bed, and moved his face close to mine. This action of his caused my breath to hitch, but I composed myself quickly. I could feel that his breathing was a little shallower than earlier, and his heart was beating rather erratically. His warm breaths were fanning my neck, as I was focusing hard not to look at him. But somehow, I found myself looking at his face.

His brown eyes were dark and intense, and focussed on my face. His beautiful honey skin seemed much more beautiful because of the sunlight seeping in through the windows. His hair were touching my face, which caused a tingling sensation.

He tightened his grip on me, and very carefully pulled me up. He made me rest on his shoulder as he adjusted the pillow behind me. And I don't want to mention but he smells extremely good.

"Uh, thanks."

"Yes, what?" I said, confused.

"You said I smell good."

Shit!!!!
Did I really say it out loud????

I need to cover up. Quick.

"Good things must be appreciated, so..."

"It's ok, and thanks again."

After adjusting the pillow, he told me to move back a little and rest my back on it, and I did as said.

"Thanks."

"Anytime. So do you want something to eat now?"

"If you insist, get me a bowl of tomato soup, and not too much. I don't have that much appetite right now."

"Ok. I'll be right back. Relax till then."

"Yeah."

As he left the room, I limped against the pillow, inhaling deeply.

Thank God he didn't ask me who were those people and why were they behind me.

And it was too reckless of me to shoot that man in front of Taehyung. I just hope he doesn't bring out that topic too soon.

Also, I need to inform dad about what happened and tell him to be more careful because if these people have reached me, they might know something about the other members and dad too.

But who might have sent them is an actual mystery. We have many enemies, but none of them have dared to do something like this ever.

Who can it be?

A/n-
Hi guys, this time  I'm back very quickly. A quick update just for my lovely readers.
Next chapter will be in Taehyung's POV.
I hope you like this chapter.
Do enjoy reading it, and tell me how you like in the comments, or if any rectifications must be done.

Happy reading.

Love
-Amelia__23