Chapter 5

Dark surrounding, cold walls, solitary basement.
It was pitch black, getting darker as I moved down, with the help of small beam of light from the flashlight.
It was cold down there, colder than the part I came from.
As I gradually advanced further, a narrow beam of light could be seen, tearing the sheer darkness.
Getting the hint I needed, I moved closer to the source of light, as a door came in my line of sight.

On moving closer, I could see a keypad beside it, as I remembered what I was being told.
I checked for its combination in my phone, and upon finding it, I pressed the keys on it, and heaving a sigh, I pressed 'Enter'.

I backed away a little, on seeing the door slowly open with a metallic squeak, some smoke also coming out.

As it completely opened, I made my way in, and searched for the person I came here for.
On looking around, I noticed that there was no one here, not even a little rat.
Did they misguide me?
But why would they do that?
Wait!
There has to be something I'm missing right now.
The insides were also completely dark, even more than the outside.
As I was looking around a clue, I saw a wall length mirror.
What is a mirror doing here?
On nearing the mirror, I could see a small beam of light coming from the space between the mirror and floor.
That was really interesting!

And I knew what I had to do next, I pushed the mirror from one side, and it got shifted.
I entered the 'Secret room', and there he was.
For finding this person, I put so much efforts and energy.

There were a hell lot of monitors, showing the camera view of the entire city,...... wait what!!!
He has the view of the entire city.

 wait what!!!He has the view of the entire city

(The room looks somewhat like this)

"Finally you're here." The man interrupted my racing thoughts.

"Ah yes, were you expecting me?"
I asked confusedly.

"Yes I was. Mr. Min told me that someday or the other, you'll come looking for me, and here you are young man."

He finally stands up from his seat, and faces me.
And damn.
I thought this man to be some grumpy old grandpa, or a nerdy boy with thick glasses, but he is a young and handsome man. Maybe a year or two older than me.
He has a serious but charming face.
And as he is approaching me, he has a small smile on his face, which shows his dimples.

He comes nearer and holds out his hand.
"Hi, I'm Kim Namjoon, and I work as a secret cyber specialist for the department."
I shake hands with him, and introduce myself.
"I'm Kim Taehyung, a secret undercover cop, and right now I'm working on a mission, for which I need your help."

"I know Taehyung, and I guess I have prepared some things for you."

"Oh, ok. Let's see what you have for me."
"Sure."

He brought me close to the desk near his monitors, and grabbed the mouse, and started doing something on the screen.
I couldn't help my curiosity, so I asked.

"How come you have access to all the cameras of the city? Do you have permission?"

He laughed a little, and I felt very stupid for asking the question.

"No, actually I have hacked all these cameras, which I know is illegal but I have to do it in order to keep check on all the activities that are going on around the city. And because of this only, I've got you a clue. Just a second and the recording will be up."

I couldn't help but wonder about how intelligent and genius sort of person he is.
Damn man, he has hacked the cameras of the entire city.
This man surely has Einstein's brain.

"So Taehyung, you see...." He pointed towards the screen, and I followed the directions to see a man.
"This man works in a company that makes watches, but I've seen him going to places, where a normal man like him has got nothing to do. His activities are also not like some person living his life normally. He had been spotted going to some basements a lot of times, and I'm totally sure that he has got something to do with the gangster you're looking for. He can be of some use to you."

I looked at the man on  the screen closely.

"Can you give me a picture of him?""Yeah, why not

"Yeah, why not."

He clicked on the mouse and energy near his printer, and handed me the picture of the man.

"And yeah, his name is Min Yoongi."

"Ok. Thanks Namjoon, you were a great help. I'll come again to disturb you some other time." I said, smiling.

"You're always welcome Taehyung." He said showing his dimple smile.

"Well I'll get going now. Gotta do some research."

"Yeah and by the way, that girl is really nice."
I choked on my saliva, hearing that from him.
"Wh..which girl?" I said even though I had a little hint of what he was trying to say.

"Don't act dumb, I've seen in my cameras. She is one pretty girl I must say."
"I know." I said remembering her beautiful face, and smiling shyly.

"Well then, best of luck for your mission Taehyung."

"Thanks Namjoon. I'll get going. Bye."
"Bye."

With one final farewell, I left from there, with a clue in my hand, Min Yoongi.

A/n-
Hi my lovely readers.
I'm really really sorry, I didn't update for a very long time.
And this is also a little short chapter, but I hope you like it.
Don't forget to hit the small star on the left bottom of the screen.
If any mistakes, do tell in the comments section.
Take care of yourselves and your family, stay safe and healthy.
Love-
Amelia__23