Chapter Four | Damaged People are Dangerous

|AUTHORS NOTE|

Hello guys! I'm glad you are all enjoying the sequel so far! There is so much I can't wait for you guys to read! Be sure to leave me some feedback!!

Stay classy :)

_____

The lights of the Capitol were as bright as ever. Somewhere near by, in one the the tall apartment complexes there was loud music erupting from a party. President Snow sat in his study reading while he waited for Commander Lewis, there was nothing extraordinary about the day, besides broadcasting his announcement to the Districts.

If he said he wasn't worried about the coming events, he would be lying. How could he not be worried? In just over a month, one girl had set parts of Panem into a frenzy. An upheaval as some would call it. One girl, that was all it took. Not even a highly trained girl, and orphan from District Four had done so much damage in such little time. And now, one of the most famous Victors had taken her side-- President Snow's own grandson had taken her side.

She had started a fire, one that was easily contained-- but one that could also easily burst and spread like wildfire.

Snow looked up from the book he had been reading, an old classic written before the dark days. Commander Lewis was an older gentleman, but very much trusted.

"You wanted to speak with me, sir?"

Snow nodded, "I hope I didn't ask for you at a poor time." Snow replied, Lewis shook his head. "Have there been any sightings?"

He shook his head again, "No sir, its expected that they separated as soon as they got out of the limits." he replied, "The ones that were arrested won't give us any information."

Snow sighed, glancing at the vase of white roses. He removed the one attached to his coat and dropped it in the garbage. He then opened the drawer of his desk, grabbed the scissors, then picked a rose and began trimming it.

"Any luck tracking the maps that were stolen?" he asked, only glancing at Lewis.

He nodded, "The chips were replaced in the Capitol. The maps are off the circuit now." he explained.

"So there is virtually no way to trace them?" Snow asked, his voice came out a tad more harshly then he had intended.

"We are doing all we can, sir--"

"If you were doing all you could, then they never would have gotten past the fences." he said sharply, cutting the commanders response short. "Have there been any riots?"

"One sir, in District Seven again. But it was contained as soon as it began."

Snow looked up at the man, "I would hope so, I'd hate to have to find another Commander during a time like this."

Commander Lewis forced his eyes to not waver, instead keep eye-contact.

Snow sighed, "And what of District Four?"

"Nothing, there's been no riots, strikes, or anything-- Quinn Maverick has kept herself out of the public eye."

A small smile graces Snow's lips. "I suspect once people begin to see that she isn't much of a...mascot for their little upheaval, it will all die down." he nodded to himself. "But I still want extra supervision on Four. Now that she is aware she will be a mentor, she may begin her little act again. She's like a stick of dynamite. Harmless when she isn't lit-- but it's only a matter of time till someone lights her up, and by the next games we could have even more trouble on our hands."

Snow sighed, thinking of what to say as he trimmed the thrones off of the roses. Making a pile of the stem on his desk. "Keep a close eye on her, the Radicals are...inspired by her. I presume that they will try to recruit her." he stated.

"She's too damaged, sir."

"Sometimes damaged people are the most dangerous. Because they know how to survive."