Chapter Seventeen | "I see the way he looks at you."

|AUTHORS NOTE|

Long time since my last A/N! Least it seems that way. Just wanted to thank you all for keeping up with the story :) and as always, if it's possible don't forget to give that star a tap and leave a comment down below ;) by the way I'm sorry for the length of this chapter! But even filler chapters are important;)

Stay classy :)
_______

The plans for the group were simple. they'd leave the safe house that night and make their way to the next safe house. Mr. Yawling worked with the young man that lived in the next house. So he was able to tell him of the plans. The four of them packed what they would need, including food, and plenty of matches. They weren't sure if they would go to the next District or go around yet, it all depended it they were discovered.

That evening before they left, Orion and Marcus went to give the Yawlings some money as a thank you for letting the group stay there even though they got there early. That left Quinn and Jules to finish packing everything, which wasn't too big of a deal. The boys had packed their backpacks already, Quinn and Jules really just fussed around with their own, just as a way to keep their minds off of everything that had already happened in Seven.

Quinn would have been lying if she said she wasn't worried it would happen again. They couldn't afford to lose one or two more members of the group. And now that Quinn had managed to have a bit of morphling paper, she couldn't deny the fact that it would affect just how well she'd be able to make a quick decision.

"Did you and Orion get into a fight?" Jules asked from her bottom bunk. Quinn was sitting on her own bunk when Jules decided to spark up a conversation.

"Not really. Why?" she replied as she fumbled with the mockingjay pin.

"Just asking," she sighed, "You two didn't say much of anything to each other yesterday or today."

"Oh," Quinn said quietly. That was true, and she knew that it was partly because of what she said. But she wasn't totally at fault either. "It's nothing."

Jules scoffed, "Whatever..." she paused, "He'll come around anyways. I donno how he couldn't."

Quinn raised an eyebrow as if Jules could see her. "What do you mean?"

Jules scoffed again, "I see the way he looks at you." she stated, "So does Marcus, Wade and Ciruss did too. It's pretty obvious."

Quinn felt her cheeks beginning to flush with color. "You guys are just imagining get things."

"Why do you think he wanted to go get you from Four?"

"He doesn't like me, not like that." Quinn retorted sharply.

The thought made her squirm. The idea of someone, anyone liking her made her uncomfortable. And if that person happened to be related to Snow-- that made it worse. Besides that, there was nothing about her that was likeable. Orion had even said it himself, she was a mess. Now if it had been before the games...then that could have been different. But how could anyone like her after? She wasn't exactly...kind. She was tolerable if anything.