Chapter Thirteen | Serene Violence

| AUTHORS NOTE |

I LOVE THIS STORY! Like, for real you guys. I don't know what I'll do when I finish the series! But no worries, it will be awhile before that happens (I hope to be near ending it when the last film comes out).

Anyway, be sure to tell me what you think! Stay classy and enjoy loves =)

_________

The six of them had stayed one more night at that safe house. Then, they said their goodbyes and went on their way early in the morning before the peacekeepers were awake. The air in District Seven was cool, and damp from the ponds that were around the District. The buildings were much more sealed than they were in District Four, the walls and roofs were looked like they were made with sturdy wood. While in Four, in a lot of buildings, one wall was a heavy curtain that could be pulled across to close it. It wasn't because they couldn't afford a real wall or anything, it was because on the really hot days it was difficult to stay locked up inside doing whatever it was you did and having a single window open didn't always help.

Seven was actually quite peaceful in the morning. It was quiet, they had gotten out of the first safe house before people were even up to go to work or school. Which was odd, in Four by this time there would already be people getting out to the docks to start working. But everything in Seven was so quiet that the subtle songs from birds in the tree's that surrounded the District seemed like the only noise. Quinn found it hard to believe that such a quiet, calm District was the place where there had been the most riots after her interview before the games. She remembered seeing the family of the girl from Seven, the family who had lost both of their other children too because of the games; they hadn't seemed angry or anything at her. In fact, in every District, at least that she could remember, people were okay with the fact that she won.

"Ciruss," Quinn asked in a quiet whisper like Marcus and Orion were talking in. Ciruss looked down at her and waited for her to continue, "Why does Thirteen want me there?" she asked.

"Encouragement I suppose," he replied as Jules and Wade hurried to step up behind the two of them. They had fallen behind a bit, and Orion had waved for them to hurry up.

"Encouragement?" she echoed.

Jules let out a soft sigh of aggravation, "Get that through your thick skull." she said quietly, "You've heard the spark analogy, haven't you? It all rebels use," she stated, "You're a spark that the Capitol want's to put out. Because of you, he helped get rebel's out of the Capitol." she said pointing at Orion, they were speaking so quietly that neither Orion or Marcus could hear.

Ciruss stepped closer to Quinn, closing the gap and making it more difficult for Jules to speak directly to Quinn.

"Quinn, I know you don't like any of this. Really, I do get it." he stated, "But you can't stop it now."

"But everything I did, I did on accident."

"Did you runaway on accident too?" Wade asked, raising an eyebrow sharply.

Quinn shook her head, "But on impulse maybe--"

"You ran away because you knew that we were fighting for something you agreed in." Wade retorted cutting her off in the middle of her sentence.

"If you let the Capitol beat you, do you know how discouraging that would be?" Jules asked, her tone wasn't as aggravated anymore. "If you give up, they will all give up."

Quinn felt her stomach drop. She had been avoiding thinking of things like that, she had been avoiding considering the fact that she was just there to prove to the Districts they didn't have to do everything the Capitol said. And the spark analogy was the perfect way to discribe it.