Chapter Eleven | The Safe House

| AUTHORS NOTE |

I can't believe I'm already eleven chapters in! Everything from this point on, at least 90% of it, is my original idea. The plot I originally thought of and never found a way to get it started! So, enjoy it! And don't forget to tell me what you think =D

Stay classy!

______

The hike through the wild between the Districts was all too familiar to Quinn. The terrain was just like the first and second valley in the arena. At times they were making their way up or down a steep hill, other times they were taking a break in an area that reminded her of the first night in the arena. The only difference was the weather, there was a chill in the air and she could feel the moisture in the air too.

She felt like they hadn't gotten that far at all in the two days that she had left Four, every once in awhile they would stop to check the maps. Every time someone would say something like "I wish we were in Thirteen like the others". Every time. Without fail Jules would always try to make it a bit obvious that they could be safe in Thirteen instead they put themselves in even more danger getting her from Four first.

"It's a long way there," she had said. "Kinda funny, we were so close but then we had to make a long trip to the other side of Panem." she stated, her arms folded tightly over her chest.

"I'm sure it would have been much more enjoyable without you." Quinn had replied calmly. But her head was throbbing and her entire body felt weak, she hadn't managed to find time to get away to have some morphling or whiskey. Ciruss made sure she couldn't. "I know I would enjoy myself more without you."

"You wouldn't make it through half of seven without me." she replied sharply, frustration obviously building in her tone.

"I think I'd manage." Quinn replied. "I can survive Seven if I can survive the Games." she stated coldly and the group fell silent and they had walked in silence for what seemed like forever.

Quinn knew they were all in agreement on one thing, the games had to end at some point. But she couldn't help but still feel completely alone and confused as to how she was supposed to do anything about any of it. As far as she knew, there was nothing that she could do.

But after the two and a half day long hike with only a few stops to rest, they finally made it to District Seven. Getting into the district was pretty easy. There was a hole in the fence that they had clearly known about in advanced. Then they just had to make it through the tall trees to get to the first safe house.

It was a small shack. It didn't seem like much, but under a animal skin rug was a poorly made trap door. It was hidden under the bed in the back of the house. Then when it was opened, there was an old ladder that they had to climb down into a short dirt tunnel. Then the young man who had quickly showed them to the trap door before any peacekeepers could show up tossed down a flashlight.

"We stayed at this house on our way here," Orion explained simply. "All the safe houses we'll be staying at we've been to already." he continued as the group of them made their way down a short hall with Orion shining the light towards a heavy wool blanket that was draped over a doorway. "They aren't anything too nice though."

Orion pulled back the blanket to reveal a small room. It was like a bunker of sorts, there were two sets of bunk beds and one single bed. Then there was a small projector on a small table that they would be able to use. Then there was a second ladder on the wall that went up to a second trap door. Then there was a few old trunks along the walls too.

She had no idea how long they'd be there. But she knew it was better than Victor's Village.