Chapter Thirty-One | Haircuts and Coverups

That night Quinn took a shower. She had practically forgotten just how much she had missed the showers in Victor's Village. Of course these showers were nothing too fancy, they weren't too big, the water didn't get boiling hot, but it got warm enough. The soap wasn't all that great smelling, it didn't really have a smell actually. But still, having clean pajama's, no dirt in her hair, it was enough to make her feel better about being so far from Four. Besides that, it had been way to long since actually got to bathe and not just clean off her face with a old rag or her hands.

Then she made herself comfortable on her bed, pulling the blanket tightly around herself. She faced away from the projection, the light from it would take some getting used to after weeks being in the pitch black at night. In fact having her own apartment would take some getting used to too. She wasn't used to sleeping alone anymore without someone in the bunk bed beside her or the bunk beneath or above her. The low buzzing of the projector was a nice sound to have, but it wasn't the same as Marcus and Orion snoring, keeping her awake.

She honestly hadn't given Jules and Marcus all that much thought. She had been to worried about getting herself to Thirteen. Jules and Marcus were capable, they were probably a few days ahead...weren't they? They had safely made it to Thirteen, hadn't they? Then again the Capitol probably hadn't known what dot on the map Quinn had been a part of. They could have bombed both areas...

Quinn forced herself to stop thinking about that. Instead she forced herself to think about the fact that she was in Thirteen-- Orion and Hannah were too, all three of them were safe in Thirteen. They didn't need to worry about the Capitol trying to kill them. So once Quinn kept her mind on the fact that she was safe, she was able to drift off to sleep. It wasn't a deep sleep, she woke up multiple times in the night.

In the morning she was woken up by a banging on her compartment door. Quinn nearly fell out of her bed, the loud sound made her think it was a firebomb for a brief second. She looked up at the projection and saw that the time was just below the number 13. It was early morning, just a bit after five-thirty. So Quinn rolled out of her bed, with a sigh she straightened her pajama's before walking over to the door and sliding it open.

A few steps out the door, there was a woman with dark, dark red hair and a thin face. She wore a grey uniform and a silver cuff on her wrist.

"Good morning, Ms. Maverick." she said kindly, but she showed little to no emotion in her eyes.

"Good morning..."

"If you could please get ready for the day quickly, then I will escort you to your first Command meeting." she stated, her tone struggled to show even the slightest amount of emotion.

Quinn decided to try as hard as possible to stay on her good side, so she gave a curt nod and hurried in to change. She changed into the grey clothes, tossed her pajama's on her bed, pulled on her shoes and then ran the brush that had been left in her bathroom through her hair. Then finally she left her compartment only to find that the woman had leaned on the wall outside her door and had been waiting patiently.

A small smile tugged at her mouth, "Well, that was quick."

Quinn chuckled a bit to ease the tension between the two of them. Then they began to make their way towards the elevator so they could go to Command. On the way there, Quinn found out the woman's name was Jillynn Mathinson. She was born in Thirteen, her grandparents had been refugees from District Three. She was a Soldier in Thirteens military, and had only been given the order to bring Quinn to Command. She actually wasn't part of it. So Jillynn left Quinn once she was inside the Command room, the room had only a handful of others there-- President Coin, Boggs Vessalmen, and Otto.