Chapter Fifteen | Snows Visit

[Authors Note]
Extremely short, just a filler :)
Stay classy!
_____

Quinn had hurried to finish the conversation. The entire time she could have sworn that her cheeks were beat red. She was on edge for the rest of the night and the next day didn't help. Seneca Crane had announced that President Snow would be paying a visit to the game making room. So every time the doors would slide open she would have to keep herself from flinching or looking over her shoulder. Her mind was busy with replaying the conversation between Orion and her the night before? What if Snow found out somehow? What if her apartment had been watched the whole time? What if that was why he wasn't convinced? What if he used Orion against her? She couldn't stand that thought, that possibility was too likely.

Suddenly the door slid open, two peacekeepers stepped in before President Snow waltzed into the room. She stiffened up, her heart pounding in her chest and her breath seemed to stop in her throat. If she knew that he had never once believed her act, how could she keep it up? With each lie, he could be more and more angry with her. Closer and closer to getting rid of her or breaking their deal and bombing Thirteen so they'd be weaker and further under ground for another eighty years.

"Good morning, sir." Seneca said, his voice sounded bright and welcoming, "Enjoying the games so far?"

President Snow was quiet for a moment, "Seneca, I'm not here for small talk." he said simply, "Do you think that we could go have a chat in private?"

Seneca remained silent for a moment, and Snows hushed voice was barely audible to Quinn from where she was seated. Even though they were standing behind her.

"Havensbee," Seneca called towards him. "Keep an eye on things."

The doors slid open once more, and Seneca and President Snow left with the two Peacekeepers. So Quinn relaxed a bit in her seat, but then as her attention turned back to her screen, she saw that the cameras were turned on the dark cave that Katniss and Peeta had found the night before-- while she had turned the games off. While she embarrassed herself for the first time in what seemed like years.