Chapter 18

istg nct's vocal line are all angels, these vocals pHEW

---------

Jake POV

"Oh, I'm so sor- Jake??" The person who I bumped into suddenly asked in a familiar deep voice. I took the hand the person offered to help me up and when I looked up to see their face I was shocked.

"Felix?!" I beamed, Felix was my childhood friend and crush but once he got accepted into a dance school in Korea we became distant. Of course, at first, we used to call each other every day but our personal lives got in the way and we just decided to separate and focus on ourselves.

As I said, he was my childhood friend but I couldn't help but fall for him, I mean, who wouldn't fall for his smile? His visuals? His voice? And his thick Australia accent? No seriously name someone who wouldn't fall for him. I'll wait.

After I confessed to him he politely refused my confession for he liked someone else back then, of course, I was hurt but it's not his fault he can't return my feelings. Anyway, we continued being BFFs until he moved to Korea, a few years after he moved I got accepted into an academic school here in Korea as well.

The fact I'm meeting him again right now brings back so many memories.

The moment we recognized each other we instantly hugged and then linked hands, jumping around in circles squealing, "AAH I MISSED YOUUU!!" I screeched, "I MISSED YOU MORE 5HEAD AAH!!" He yelled back. We might've been mistaken for choking birds if it weren't for Felix's especially deep voice.

After we calmed down we went into a heated debate about who's more handsome since we both had massive glow-ups. "Wtf you're so beautiful, I'd literally have a stroke right here right now if you tell me you're still single" Felix complimented, "Get the fuck outta here, YOU'RE telling ME that I'M beautiful?? Bitch you're ethereal, miss Korea who?" I snapped back.

I would've forgotten Sunghoon was here if it weren't for him wrapping his hands around my waist, I looked back and I swore I saw him glaring at either Felix or the sports coach in front of us, but I was probably seeing things because his expression was back to his usual blank stare the moment I blinked.

"Oh yeah, Felix, this is my friend Sunghoon and Sunghoon this is my friend Felix, say hii" I introduced them to each other. "HI SUNGHOON" Felix yelled, god my eardrums have taken in more in these past 10mins than a whole ass year. Sunghoon did a small "Hi" back, and then turned to me and reminded me our friends are waiting.

Sunghoon POV

I must admit I didn't like it when Jake addressed me as his friend but I felt a sense of relief for some reason when he addressed Felix as his friend as well.

"AH RIGHT! I almost forgot thanks Sunghoon." Jake thanked me after I reminded him that our friends were waiting for us in the cafeteria. Finally, Jake's attention can come back to me- "Felix wanna join Sunghoon and I's friend group in the cafeteria for lunch?" Jake asked Felix, shattering my hope of just me and him together going to the cafeteria.

"Sure! I'm only here as a transfer student for a week anyway so may as well try and fit in for a decent week" Felix replied, sigh... a week of Jake's attention mainly on him but I can't say a week isn't better than a whole year so I guess it's bearable.

Before I could walk to the cafeteria with my hand still around Jakey's waist, Felix grabbed his hand and ran off towards the cafeteria... Maybe this week will be harder than I thought.

In the cafeteria

Jake had introduced Felix and everyone had their food out so we were all just eating and chatting. Felix fit in well I can't deny, he somehow got along well with Jay, not noticing the glares from Jungwon and Heeseung he was being sent.

As for Jake, he was deep in his debate with Sunoo about mint chocolate with Niki paying attention to pretty much anything Sunoo did. And for me, I was stuck deep in my thoughts while eating Heeseung and Jungwons food since they were busy sending Felix looks to notice their food being stolen.

'Are they really just friends?' 'How do they know each other?' were the main thoughts running through my head, yes I'm thinking about Jake and Felix's relationship. I know Jake addressed them as friends but Jake doesn't act like that around us?? I'm overthinking, it's most likely because they've known each other longer.

After they finished eating

As we were walking to the lockers, Felix ran up to me, "Hey Sunghoon I know this is straightforward but you like Jake right?" He asked, catching me off guard.

"U-uh yeah how'd y-you know?" I was shocked by how straightforward he was as well as how he knew I liked Jake, "People don't stare at their friends like that" Felix answered, smirking.

"Anyway, I'm not here to challenge you or make fun of you for that, I just wanna say take good care of him and if you hurt him..." his expression changed in the blink of an eye, turning into a dark piercing glare directed at me. "I won't hesitate to ruin your life," I swore I almost pissed myself then and there.

"I would never hurt Jake," I said with confidence already knowing I could never hurt him anyway, although I gulped after, still visibly scared.

"Great then" he instantly smiled with his bright asf pearly white teeth, almost as white as Heeseung's. I guess I was worried over nothing.

----------

ig this is just a filler chapter?? idk I literally just winged this chapter-

ps stan straykids and no felix isn't my bias. i mean he is but he isn't iykyk like they're all my bias idK HOW PPL CAN PICK JUST ONE?!?!???

anygays have a nice day/night <333