Chapter 2

About an hour later, I see a nurse walk into Dalia's room. I assume she's awake now, so I follow. As I'm about to enter the room, the nurse turns around and looks at me.

"I'm sorry sweetie, but visiting hours are over. You can come back in the morning, or anytime between 7 A.M. and 6 P.M."

I instantly start to freak out, again starting to cry. Ugh, I hate crying! Why won't the stupid tears stop! "I understand -" I look at her badge, "Erika, but I'm her family and I haven't seen her yet. She got out of surgery about an hour ago, but the doctors told me to wait until she's up before I can see her. Please let me see my baby sister, she's everything to me," I say through tears.

Sympathy clouds her face, "I understand hun, but I'm sorry. You can come back in the morning," she says, guiding me past the door and closer to the exit of the waiting room.

Just as I start to lose hope, Dr. Clifford and Dr. Hemmings come running through the door. I don't think they notice me as they go directly to Erika asking for Dalia's chart. She gives it to them and they're about to leave when they hear me sniffling a little, concern immediately washing over their faces.

"Dr. Clifford -" I don't get to finish talking before he pulls me into a hug, making me cry harder. I haven't been hugged by someone else in over a year. I mean, Dalia and I hug, but it's always me who's hugging her. Not the other way around.

He holds me until I start to calm down, then pulls me back a little to wipe my tears. "First of all," he says, "call me Michael. And that's Luke," he says, pointing to Dr. Hemmings. "Now, what's wrong?"

"Nothing," is my instantaneous response. "Sorry, I was just overreacting."

"I'm sure that's not true," Dr. Hemmi - Luke jumps in.

"No, really," I tell them, "the nurse just told me that I can't see Dalia tonight because visiting hours are over. I just overreacted to that a bit. Sorry you had to see that." I mutter the last bit quietly, embarrassed that I just cried into the arms of someone I met mere hours ago.

"Ok, let's get this straight," Dr. Clif - Michael begins. "You have absolutely nothing to apologize for, alright?"

"He's right," Luke says. "And you weren't overreacting at all. You're sister just got out of surgery and you haven't even gotten to see her. Your reaction is normal, understand?" I look down, finding my shoes to be really interesting in the moment.

I can feel both of them looking at me, but I'm not brave enough to look up. "Come on," Luke says. "Let's go check on Dalia."

I look up, shocked. "But I thought visit -" He cuts me off, "You haven't seen her yet and I don't think I saw any other family on her chart."

"Thank you," I tell him gratefully. "You have no idea how much this means to me."

He smiles and motions me forward, leading me into the room with Michael following behind me. The first thing I notice are the bruises littered all over her body and her beautiful face, making me choke. Then I notice her eyes, barely open and unfocused. I want to run up to her and hug her till she feels better. Instead, I slowly walk closer, not wanting to scare her.

She slowly opens her eyes more, her gaze flitting across the room until it lands on me. "Panda," she croaks, tearing up.

Her tears make me want to cry, but I can't show her that. "I'm here, baby. I'm here," I tell her quietly, bending down to kiss her hand while rubbing her hair gently.

"It hurts," she cries even harder, struggling to breathe. I quietly shush her, getting into the bed slowly and rocking her body with mine to calm her down.

Luke comes close to her with a glass of water in his hand. He sets it down on the tray next to her bed. "I'm Dr. Hemmings, but you can call me Luke, and that's Dr. Clifford. You can call him Michael" he tells her gently. "Can you tell me what hurts, pretty girl?"

"Everything," Dalia responds, making me look down and kiss her head. I can't believe I let this happen. "Please just make it stop," she whimpers.

"Alrighty then, let's do this as fast as possible so that you can sleep it off," Michael comes and tells her. "I just need to get some vitals and go through your chart and medical history before giving you some painkillers. Does that sound alright?"

She mumbles out a yes. While the two doctors work, I keep her distracted, talking about my next dance performance and how Coach is giving me a solo. We talk about what I could choreograph and what music I could use, although she focuses more on what I could wear and what colors would compliment what moods.

"Alright," Luke interrupts our conversation. "You're all done, sweetie. Michael's gonna give you a relaxer to help you sleep and make the pain go away, and I'll be right back," he says, leaving the room.

"This is going to feel a little cold," Michael tells her as he hooks something into her IV. It works pretty quickly as I see her eyes start to droop, but she fights it. "Don't fight it, sweetie. You'll feel sick," he tells her.

"I don't want to sleep," she says. "I don't want to be alone."

"I'll be right here," I tell her, kissing her hand. "Just go to sleep." Her breathing slowly evens out, telling me she's asleep. "Goodnight baby," I mutter against her forehead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello lovelies! The next chapter is out! What'd you guys think?

So I saw Soul recently, and now I'm wondering, what was my spark? Any guesses?

Please vote and comment. Have a wonderful day! Hugs and kisses.