Chapter 19

"Are you ready to go back in?" He asks, after half an hour of silence passes.

I hum in response, not wanting to leave the security of the outdoors, but knowing that he's helped me so much anyways, and I should be kind enough to acknowledge his request.

He gets up first; I follow him a little more slowly, until we're back in the room that leaves me claustrophobic. All the feelings of relaxation leave me the moment he closes the door. Not that I'm scared of anything in particular, it just reminds me too much of those memories. 

Of him.

And I'm not ready for that yet. It would be suicidal to open that can of worms when I have no one to support me when I fall.

"I'm really sorry about last night, love.  We really just want to help you, but you've gotta help us a bit too," Harry says, bringing me back to the present.

 I sigh, "I kinda understand that now, but I really am fine. I promise. I just overreacted a bit, there's nothing wrong with me, I promise..." I start to word vomit, trying to convince him to let me go.

Half way through my incoherent speech Micheal enters the room, announcing a surprise.

I'm about to yell at him and everyone in the room to just leave me alone when I see her. The look she gives me is enough to calm me down, rushing to hug her without hurting her through the wheelchair.

"My favorite human being," I whisper in her ear, feeling her smile against my shoulder.

"My favorite sister," she responds, making me pull away with a playful pout. "I'm your only sister!" I whine at her, trying to keep her in the happy mood I saw her in last night with Cocoa.

Oh my god! Cocoa! 

Immediately sensing my panic, Dalia says, "we left him with Ethan on our way back to the hospital."

Oh.

"Alright, we'll be leaving now," Michael says, starting to walk back to Dalia and I. When did he even leave us, I wonder in my head.

"Already?" Dalia wines, bringing my thoughts back to the present. I feel like I've been spacing out a lot recently. Like, I think about one thing, and then just get caught up in a tangent of thoughts.

Weird.

"I'll come see you soon," I tell Dalia, giving her a bear hug. "Maybe we can sneak some ice cream and cookies in too," I whisper in her ear as I pull away, making her erupt in giggles.

"Our little secret," she replies with a grin.

"What secret?" Michael and Harry question at the same time.

My sister grins and says, "it wouldn't be a secret if we told you. Bye!!" She immediately starts wheeling herself out of the room, making all of us laughs at her antics.

Michael quickly follows her out the room, sharing a look with Harry before closing the door again.

"She seems better," Harry says, breaking the silence. I smile, "yeah, I'm happy that she's happy."

"Can we get you better too?" he asks, making me turn to face him. 

I feel so useless. Even my sister can heal faster than me. Here I am freaking out about things that happened over a year ago, and she's already better in a week.

"Hey! What are the tears for?" Harry asks, clearly very concerned. I didn't even realize I was crying, but as I move my hand to my face, I notice the wetness of tears.

I can't cry. I'm supposed to be strong.

So I do the only thing I'm good at, I turn around and run out the door, only to run into an angry Calum. 

Great.

I try to move away from him, rubbing my tears away and trying to control my breathing, but the moment he sees my crying, his expression immediately softens.

"Can I hug you?" he asks me softly.

I shake my head, no, but he slowly brings me into his arms, enveloping me in a warm hug. This just makes me breakdown into loud sobs. It's been so long since someone has comforted me like this.

I miss my parents so much.

I feel another pair of arms around me, assuming it's Harry since he was the only other person with me.

After a while of staying in our little cuddle at the door, I calm down enough to move away from them.

"I'm so sorry," I say, wiping my tears and laughing a little in embarrassment.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, love," Harry immediately responds. Calum nods in agreement.

"But can we talk for a little bit? Please?" he begs me.

I sigh, "there's nothing to talk about," I mumble, looking at the floor.

"We can't help you if you won't work with us, pretty girl," Calum says, gently pushing my chin up to look at him.

Why do they care so much? No doctors ever cared before.

Or are they just trying to trick me?

"Why would we trick you?" Harry asks, confused but seeming slightly hurt by my words.

Did I say that out loud?

Calum laughs this time, "yes you did love."

Oh.

"I don't know why you guys are being so nice to me," I reply. "It's confusing because you seem like you care, but I don't think you really do."

"And why is that?" he replied.

"Because no one ever did before," I mumble, looking back down again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello lovelies!

First of all, I'm sorry. I got caught up in so many other things and I just found it so hard to find inspiration to write. This chapter is pretty short, but I'm trying to figure out how I want to progress with the story. 

Please don't hate me!

I hope to return soon with a better chapter, but I hope all of you are doing well and staying safe.

Let me know in the chat something you guys have done recently! I've been swamped with work stuff and college stuff lol :)

(BTW: is anyone here going to the BTS concert in Cali later this month?)