Chapter 10

Daniella's POV:

I walk back into the hospital after spending some time with Cocoa, changing into more professional clothes, and grabbing some food for me and Dalia.

Ethan has been texting me, letting me know that she's fine, but I can't help but feel like something is off.

It's probably just my stomach, since it still hurts, so I let the thoughts drown away.

I open Dalia's door, smiling softly when I see her fast asleep, wisps of hair framing her face while the rest just flow out on the pillow like a halo on her head.

I quietly set my things down on the chair, walking closer to her while humming softly. Our mother used to do this to us at night. She'd come in, humming, and play with our hair.

I remember catching her while she did this to Dalia once, and asked her why she only came in after we fell asleep.

She would say, "If you sing to someone while they sleep, they'll dream of sweet dreams. If you sing to them when they're awake, they'll just ask for more."

I laugh quietly, remembering this memory and how it never made sense to me back then. It still doesn't, but it sort of does.

I gently move Dalia's hair out of her face while continuing to hum, but she immediately opens her eyes and screams.

I don't expect that reaction, and jump back, hitting the table behind me roughly. I groan in pain just as the door opens, Michael and Luke rushing in quickly.

Their eyes dart between the two of us, Luke immediately going to calm Dalia while Michael comes to me with concern.

He sees my hand holding my hip, and moves to touch it as well, but I shift out of the way, whimpering at the sudden movement.

(A/N: I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm changing Michael to be head orthopedic surgeon instead of cardio because it just doesn't make sense for Dalia to need a cardio surgeon. She needs ortho because she broke some bones when she was assaulted.

I'll go back and change it later in Ch.1, SORRY!)

"I promise I'm not going to hurt you, I just need to see what's wrong," Michael explains calmly, once again moving towards my hip, but I shake my head.

"I just hit it a little hard, it's nothing that I can't just shake off. I promise I'm fine," I tell him back. I don't want him to touch me, especially when my stomach still hurts. He could make it worse.

I know that logic doesn't make any sense since he's a doctor, but it makes sense to me. I don't need another doctor who doesn't know what he's doing.

Just as he opens his mouth to say something, the door opens again, to reveal Ethan, along with two officers. I immediately straighten up, wincing slightly, and painfully walk towards them, leaving Michael behind.

Hopefully the pain will go away in a few minutes like it usually does.

"Ms. Smith?" The stern-looking, female officer asks.

"That's me," I tell her, reaching my hand out to shake hers. She grabs me with a tight grip, making me pull my hand out a little quickly.

"We would like to ask you a few questions and discuss some details with you, privately if we may," the older, male officer next to her says.

"Sure," I reply, trying to sound mature while keeping a painful smile on my face. God, I wish I could stop pretending.

"Follow me," he tells me.

I slowly walk out the door with them, placing a hand on my hip to try and ease the pain. I don't know why it hurts so much. It doesn't even hurt in the area that impacted it; it hurts more towards my stomach.

I make eye contact with Michael as I shut the door, making me quickly turn around and follow the officers down the hall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello lovelies! Double update!!

Give me a red heart in the comments if you are a Directioner and a purple heart if you're a 5sos Fam! (Or both if you're both like me : )

Anyways, please vote and comment! Have a wonderful day lovelies! Hugs and kisses.