Chapter 15

Daniella's POV:

"That'll be $5.31," the salesman tells me.

I quickly pay him and leave the store, deciding to take the long walk home. Probably not a good idea to be walking alone this late at night, but I need a break.

That's also why I ran away from the hospital.

No one understands what I'm feeling. They just think they know what's better for me.

So I left.

And I kinda regret it because I left all my stuff in Dalia's room. But I can't go back yet, so now I'm stuck and I really don't know what to do.

That's why I ended up walking to the store to get a tub of cookies 'n cream and a box of blackberries.

I walk into the house, hearing Cocoa as he runs down the stairs to greet me, immediately sniffing my shopping bag and whining for the blackberries.

I raised him right. Everyone in the world should love berries, but blackberries are the best and I will fight anyone who disagrees!

"Hello to you too," I tell him, laughing lightly, only to be answered with his constant nudges and more whining.

I laugh, quickly grabbing a blanket from the couch and throwing it in my bag. "Yeah, yeah, I know," I tell Cocoa, even though he can't understand me. "Gimme a sec, we're going out."

I let him out to do his business, and then leash him up and lock the door as we leave with the grocery bag and blanket.

We walk for a good while until we reach the Moonlight Park. At least that's the name I gave it.

Dalia and I used to come here together when we were younger. Whenever we felt overwhelmed or upset about something, we'd sit here together and just watch the stars. It always made me feel better; knowing that I'm not alone. That I'm just a small part of such a big world.

But after mom and dad....left, we kinda stopped. I had to work all the time, and she tried to keep herself busy too.

I lay the blanket on the grass, eating the ice cream straight from the tub while sharing the blackberries with Cocoa. He lies down with his head on my lap as I just look into the sky, watching the stars that used to be my childhood.

I miss all of it. The life we had before.

Michael's POV:

"What do you mean she's gone?"

"I went to grab Ash, and when I came back, she wasn't there. Harry hasn't seen her either," Luke says, clearly as stressed as I am.

"Jeez," I breathe out. "Send out a code yellow."

"Already done," Luke says, just as Ash and Harry come running in.

"We just told Chief," Harry says, slightly out of breath from running. "He said that he's sending a team to her house, just in case, but we should all split up and search in the hospital. Everyone's been notified, so we'll find her soon if she's in here."

We split up, searching floor by floor, but so far finding nothing.

I can't believe I let this happen.

Callum's POV:

CODE YELLOW
DANIELLA SMITH - 19 YRS

Smith....isn't that Mike's recent trauma patient? Just as I'm about to call Luke and find out what's going on, he runs into me, stress visible in his features.

"You good, mate?" I ask him, grabbing his shoulders.

"You remember Michael's new patient, right?" he asks; I nod my head. "Good. Remember meeting her older sister?"

And that's when it hits me. The older sister who's legal guardian. Daniella.

Crap.

"When did she become a patient?" I ask, following him as he continues his search.

"Long story short, her friend raised a concern, so we tried doing a quick check. She freaked out, we sedated her, I sat with her while she stared into space, and then she ran away when I went to go get Ash."

Wow.

"Ok," I tell him slowly. "Just calm down, alright? We'll find her."

He sighs, rubbing his eyes, the tiredness in his body starting to show.

"Why don't I take you home and I'll take your place searching for her," I offer, knowing that he'd be useless in this state.

"No way, what if-"

I cut him off. "Look, I'll find her man. I promise. But you need rest."

After a lot of pleading and arguing, I finally convince him to let me drive him home before coming back here and continuing the search.

As he goes to grab his stuff, I decide to check the little Smith's room. Maybe she knows where her sister is.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello lovelies! Sorry for the filler chapter, but it's building!!

Also, I really wanted to thank you all for 1K!!!!! Like, seriously. You guys are amazing!!

Please keep voting and commenting, it really does make my day! Have a fantastic day! Hugs and kisses.